Dance of the Sunset Bugs -- Not fun.

Meysha

still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We've been having really gorgeous sunsets lately (unfortunately tonight wasn't one of the greatest). But ever since coming to Europe I've wanted to capture these great sunsets and all their colours.

The river is called The Garonne and goes by my appartment about 100m away. I took some pics on my 35mm last night but also got yelled at by a bunch of hoons (it was 11pm at night) so I was a little scared to go down there tonight. But I think it was worth it. Tonight though - there were millions of these fly-bug things everywhere and I kept breathing them in and batting them away - so that's why there's little black dots in the photos. Ahh the things we do for a photo.

SunsetPanoGaronne2.jpg

I had a lot of trouble with stitching these 3 pics together because my crap digital has a huuuuge vignetting problem.

TreeSunsetGaronne.jpg

TreeLineSunsetGaronne.jpg

I also altered the levels a tad because my camera doesn't have manual settings so the sunset was blown out a little. I was thinking of putting these in the critique section but I dunno if I should coz there's not many other places I can take the photo from. Well feel free to say what you want here.

Thanks for looking! :hugs:

these are really good shots meysha! 11pm! i've never known a sunset so late! ours is about 10pm midsummer. I can see the vignetting problem on the edges of the three images on the panorama, but even so great seamless merge, nice work.

Yeah I love vignetting too - on the right pic. But when I'm trying to stitch three pics together with heaps of vignetting it just makes it hard. *sob* My finger is worn down from this damn touch pad and all that stitching. *sob*

Ok, It might have been 10 to 11 and that's when it became completely dark. But I come from a city where the sunset changes time by probably 45mins to 1 hour the whole year and when the sun goes down - it's dark straight away... No pretty sunsets or sunrises for me at home. :-(

Nice shots, definatly worth puting up with the bugs. The last is my favorite.

Meysha said:
... No pretty sunsets or sunrises for me at home. :-(

you could get up early..

but i really like these pics, shame vignetting.

And here is where I introduce my charming sister.
Pre-Loved. said:
you could get up early..

TPF this is my sister Katherine (Pre-Loved.) as I found out not long ago. Well you can see she doesn't come by very often. I'll have to get her to post some photos at some stage but her camera just got sent away to be repaired.

Beautifully done, I just love the colours. The first one is awesome how you captured the tree lines. Very Nice !! 8 )

Most reactions

Back