Dancer on the beach!!

lee_alkureishi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all,

it's been a while since I posted - been preparing for exams :( They're in 5 days time, so my procrastination levels have now gone through the roof (hence i'm posting on here) :D

This was taken last night, on Ocean beach in San Francisco. D70, handheld (I know, I know...) with the 18-70 @ 70mm. ISO 1600, 1/10sec, wide open (hey, I made do with what I had on me at the time) :p

I ran down to the beach from the cafe I was at, to catch the last colours in the sky, and found this lone figure dancing... Oh well, each to their own :) I'm not complaining tho...

Here's the shot - Levels/contrast in PS, then median filter to even things out a bit and reduce the noise a bit more. Having said that, the original was pretty sharp - I must be getting better :)

C&C appreciated,

Leeko

4519654f045738f1.jpg

The flapping arm is a fun elememt to this photo, but all in all it looks quite blurry and extremely noisy.
But I see why these colours had you sprint out of the café to take a photo! However, without the dancer not even these wonderful colours would be able to save this one...

You've done a cool job with the stripes and the composition, and the person helps a lot... but, it is, I would say, too noisy to be pleasing - sorry!! :(

Rob

Hi,

thanks for the comments. I've taken 'em onboard, and had another play around with this pic. Here's another, less noisy, version. I'm not sold on which is better - any thoughts?

Thanks again,

Leeko

451ac7314329ada5.jpg

I like the newer one. the person deff. sells the pic. I like it because the first time I saw it I laffed and smiled, and know I want to run down a beach waving my arms... but it maynot be as much the photography as the subject. but I think its a keeper.

second one is better, but as said before, too noisy, and out of focus. Hard thing too shoot though

It's OK or good, not bad, not great. Not an easy shot I guess. DOn't really care for the flapping arms either, looks like he's trying to make like a seagull

Most reactions

Back