Dancers

Granddad

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My particular addiction is dance photography. The following three photos are from a Middle Eastern dance show I attended last weekend in London.
I have a Canon 1000D (entry level DSLR) and used my standard 18 - 55mm lens. This was live dance photography using ambient ceiling lighting. Levels have been adjusted in photoshop. I left the blue colour cast from (from the surrounding blue curtains and paint?) alone and haven't photoshopped the backgrounds except in #2 where this was a simple fix.

#1 - Exif = f5.6 1/60th ISO 1600 Focal length = 50mm

Turki_Spanish_0040.jpg

#2 - Exif = f5.6 1/60th ISO 1600 Focal length = 45mm

Turki_Spanish_0140.jpg

#3 - Exif = f5 1/80th ISO 1600 Focal length = 35mm

Turki_Spanish_0709.jpg

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Granddad

they look a little tight at the top.
I don't understand why you have cropped #1 & #3 that way. Lots of room at the sides with no obvious purpose.

If you can get THOSE kinds of photos using a Rebel and a slow kit lens, I can only imagine the type of results you'll get from the D700 and the 50mm and 85mm f/1.8 AF-D primes we talked about last week.

Traveller: Noted and I can see your point. I'll play around with different crops. I was going for my perception of a sense of balance. Being in portrait mode I didn't want to end up with tall, thin images - but then if I thought they were perfect I wouldn't have submitted them for criticism! ;)

Derrel: :blushing: You made my day!

Mark

Most reactions

Back