Dancin w/ Grandpa

Johnboy2978

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.johncountsphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Over Easter dinner tonight, I caught my father-in-law stealing a dance w/ my little girl. I grabbed the camera and snapped away. Unfortunately, for this shot, the flash hadn't fully recycled. However, I did have the good sense to shoot in RAW so I was able to salvage a pretty decent moment. Due to bumping up the exposure dramatically, it introduced a lot of grain. I initially tried to get it out, then decided I quite liked it like this and added a sepia touch to it. His sleeve is a little blown out, but otherwise I like it. I'd like to hear other's comments and critiques as well though.
Thanks for looking....

IMGP4776webs.jpg

What a cute capture! All the problems already mentioned are forgiveable in my opinion since you had to scramble to quickly get the shot. But, you may want to try to burn in his sleeve just a bit since it tends to draw your eye to it.

Awe, that is nice! I like the whole thing her little dress is just right for the sepia tone too! God job!

This is definately one of those shots that she will treasure when she is older. I love the expressions on both of their faces. It is not technically perfect, but you captured a candid, loving moment between the two of them.

Thanks for the comments. April, I have tried burning, but wasn't really happy with the result. I never get anything that I am very happy with when trying to selectively burn something like that.

Most reactions

Back