dandelion (2 photos)

quad b

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
here are a couple of shots of a dandelion that i found out the back. it was a complete flower when i found it, but during the two minutes it took to get my camera, the wind blew half of it away. comments appreciated, hope you enjoy....

DSC_0086.jpg

DSC_0067-1.jpg

thanks for looking....

Yes, I do enjoy these very much ... and had to check your whereabouts to find that for you, of course, the dandelions are still out, you are on the other side of the planet ;). I was wondering... I took similar photos of dandelions last year in May or June ... I used the reversed lens technique on "mine" and really crept up close (must have been a sight for the neighbours! :lol: ) ... but I'm not sure the photos still show anywhere here :scratch: ...

i would love to see your dandelion shots, i really enjoy looking at shots of dandelions. i used a couple of macro "filters" on the end of my 50mm lense. for a pretty cheap filter, they do a pretty good job.

I checked the forums and it seems like I took them off the server a while ago. So I cannot just easily link you to my old thread, I would need to upload them again. Should I?

Nice close-up shots. Inspires me. Can't wait 'til spring & summer gets here (in Illinois). And by all means, LaFoto, please bring your photos back! Thanks for sharing!

Wow, very nice. Do you mind if I ask which lens you were using?

I was using my Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D, I had a "Macro Close-Up filter" and a "Close-up +4" filter on the end of it. The filters were really cheap ones I bought from eBay, but they do a pretty good job for what they are. You can buy a lot better ones than those I use.

I was using my Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D, I had a "Macro Close-Up filter" and a "Close-up +4" filter on the end of it. The filters were really cheap ones I bought from eBay, but they do a pretty good job for what they are. You can buy a lot better ones than those I use.

Thanks for the info quad b.

yes LaFoto, please upload your dandelions again.

EDIT: Cancel that, just found LaFoto's photos, very nice.

Most reactions

Back