Danielle to critique

12sndsgood

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.square1photography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
okay don't critique her critique my lasck of ability. this was my first attempt at ocf. i had my sb-900 on a stand with a shoot thru umbrella. trying to learn how to do it. one mistake i think was a big issue was i had the camera on auto iso. so i think being in the dark room the camera was throwing a real high iso on. then the flash would shoot and goof things up. i worked on my settings but it was still a rough day (as far as getting pictures i liked) light was set to the left around 45 deg. was workimg with a really small living room. i tried playing with CS5 im also learning it as i go. so i know the background blur is bad.

so be brutal please.

DSC_01681 by Sndsgood, on Flickr

I cant use ttl with the receiver i have so its basically manual right now. which im hoping in time will force me to learn how the flash works rather then trying to rely on the camera to pick it. besides this is just a hobby so was keeping costs down with the receivers lol.

Well J, you need to keep the ISO constant. for consistent results; If the ISO is held constant, then the Flash +/- control can be used, within limits, to fine-tune the exposures. I state "within limits" because, well, there is a limit to how much + (Plus) exposure can be dialed in. And of course, there's a limit to the maximum amount of - (Minus) exposure as well. This shot actually looks okay, but I stopped by Flickr, and looked at the Original size, and her eyes are very noisy.

yeah that was the one thing i did learn about this, is to take iso off of auto. shame i didnt learn it till i got back home and was going thru the pics and the camera data. but im doing it to learn and i did learn so hopefully next time i can move on to new problems lol.

i think the eyes were me trying to oversharpen them in PP working on learning that as well. still just doing really basic stuff with it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back