dark enough?

bluerangeriii

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
1130330593_l.jpg

what do you guys think.
it was color film shot. scanned in and edited w/ photoshop.

one pixel of white on the dark half of the face is distracting once I noticed it.

But in saying that. I absolutely love it. Great edit of it - love the placement of colours in the background.

Umm, kinda scary but, ya its dark enough....

*Runs off into the distance*

one pixel of white on the dark half of the face is distracting once I noticed it.
Ack! You should have never pointed that out! Now I'm totally distracted by it, too! :confused:

But in saying that. I absolutely love it. Great edit of it - love the placement of colours in the background.

yeah i saw that and edited it out but i have a tendancy to save new files and not over writing. and i guess i uploaded the wrong one =)

I'm going to say this in an attempt to spur some creativity but I check out the DS photos from time to time and it seems like a lot of people (not specifically referring to this post) think simply putting a gun to their head or putting a noose around their neck or some other suicidal reference is dark and disturbing. I guess it is on SOME level but I don't see the creativity at all. I just see a dude with a gun to his head.

When I think of "disturbing" shots I'd want to take I try to think of the most f-ed up scene I can picture in my head and then reverse engineer it into a photograph. I'd want to create something that would make children cry. With a little creativity you can have a hell of a lot more impact than just waving a gun in the air.

:soapbox:

In regards to this shot... the coloring is awesome and I love the texture in the shirt. As you can guess though you could be holding a carrot to your head for all I care. ;)

I'm going to say this in an attempt to spur some creativity but I check out the DS photos from time to time and it seems like a lot of people (not specifically referring to this post) think simply putting a gun to their head or putting a noose around their neck or some other suicidal reference is dark and disturbing. I guess it is on SOME level but I don't see the creativity at all. I just see a dude with a gun to his head.

When I think of "disturbing" shots I'd want to take I try to think of the most f-ed up scene I can picture in my head and then reverse engineer it into a photograph. I'd want to create something that would make children cry. With a little creativity you can have a hell of a lot more impact than just waving a gun in the air.

:soapbox:

In regards to this shot... the coloring is awesome and I love the texture in the shirt. As you can guess though you could be holding a carrot to your head for all I care. ;)

this is part of a series that has to do with zombies. this picture was suppose to be a the mental break down of a zombie survivor. i probably should have clarified earlier. however, i do think that suicide is one of the creepiest thoughts. simply for the fact that when i visit haunted places the back story always ends with a suicide. and i guess it has been etched in my brain. thanks for the technical input too. ill try my next suicide photo with a carrot. hahaha. =)

Normal is the creepiest thing of all. Normal people doing normal things.
Sitting at home alone looking out a widow or staring at a wall. muxh more creepy than suicide. Suicide is just weak.

i like it the color placement works well. he looks crazed but i noticed you said that was your intent, so well done.

Most reactions

Back