dark side gallery

aprilraven

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hi admins and mods!!

we had been kicking around the idea to start a gallery of cemetaries and dark ideas... halloween stuff, or tombs, crypts, all manner of dark side things, and like chiller has suggested in my thread, maybe then people who like it can go there, and ones who it offends wouldnt have to see it...

what do you think????

we have a lot of cemetary shots, and people who like that kinda thing...

ya'll up for it???

I agree April. I know there is a growing number of posts that have a Dark feel to them. Whether it is a cemetery, or some of the new "horror" themed threads. I noticed at times, there are up to 4 or 5 threads that could fit in this gallery. I dont see much action in the Bloopers section, and feel that maybe a gallery dedicated to the dark/artsy/something or other might work.
It is just that some of the threads/themes that have been posted might offend some, but with a gallery like we are suggesting, the people who want to view this type of stuff can, and it would free up the space on the General Gallery, preventing people from being bumped off the first page so soon.
I have seen other forums that even have a Nude photography forum, . The photographers that want to view that type of material can see it, and others that dont want to can stay away from it all together.

Everybody has a dark side.

:chatty: O.K. Im done babbling. :chatty:
Thanks all for your time.:D

I'm in ... I think that with all the cemetary shots and other off the wall stuff ... it's a great idea!

It could have a generic title.
The Dark side of the Forum.

sorry...still thinking out loud.

thanks ya'll for the support.... i think chiller said it best, it would keep from bumping others to the bottom too soon....

thanks chiller!! and archangel, and nicole, and alex....

aprilraven said:
thanks ya'll for the support.... i think chiller said it best, it would keep from bumping others to the bottom too soon....

thanks chiller!! and archangel, and nicole, and alex....

Thanks for starting this too April.
I just think it might help to keep the forum in good taste as well. I know there is a growing fan base for this stuff, but there is also the majority who are offended by our stuff.
We could still have the chance to show our work, discuss it, and keep the forum clean.

iiiiinteresting idea.... :) I like it. I've been known to stomp through a few cemeteries myself. :thumbup:

And now, for The Initial-Official TPF answer: thanks for the suggestion, guys! We'll kick it around and let's see what happens.

Thanks Terri. I think the only concern I have is with some of the stuff, that has been posted in the General Gallery, which is the most popular, the "family" part of the forum might start to look...well..very unfamily like. I know there are a handfull of us here that like the "different" stuff, but the majority might not.
If is goes through, that is cool. If not..that is cool too. Just dont want to see things going down the wrong road, and the idea just came up.
Thanks again terri.

Thanks for the consideration terry.....would be good for me to feel its ok to post some of the ones i have here, without offending anyone...... alternatively i try to tone down some of my ideas.........but after seeing the sethered hand thread...maybe i dont need to! :lmao:

That answer was my weak attempt at humor. ;) Just wanted you to know you weren't being ignored.

I don't doubt that several of us would love it (me included)! When I say we're kicking it around, it's just up to the site admins to decide whether or not has enough "global appeal" to warrant an extra forum, or if it's felt the focus might be too narrow.

Of course, if you want to bring a smile to Chase's face, we could always add it as a "subscriber perk". :lol:

Terri, thanks for the help :D

though, I agree with Chiller... over-dividing the general gallery might not be the best thing to do. Maybe there should just be a separate section for general stuff that may be offensive in any kind of way, but we could still post some of our creepy pics in the general gallery...? :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back