Dark strip running on the negative

ienes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello again,

I have an issue with two recently developed negatives - a dark stripe running through. I'm not sure of its origin - the attached frame is coming from 400TMY and I have another 100 TMX which has the same issue. Developed in recently bought Kaiser tank with D76, 5sek agitation / 30secs. Also the developer was the D76 solution made a day earlier (hence fresh).

The stripe is on the bottom side with regards to negative position in the tank.

Any help appreciated!
Best

Attachments

• Image 1 (2) (5).jpg
    Image 1 (2) (5).jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 256
Was there enough developer in the tank to cover the film.

This is a Mamiya RZ67 Pro with a 120 back, Kodak TMax 100 and TMax 100. The camera is in mint condition, had no problems with flash sync (shutter) or any light leaks prior.

500ml to a Kaiser tank

500 ml would be enough to cover a single reel of 120 film in a Paterson tank. I've not worked with Kaiser, but would think the measurements would be similar. Maybe not.

Was the entire stip effected in the same way?

So here's the deal. Around the third frame, the strip looks like as attached and the from 4th to 10th frame is evenly distributed (same width).

Missing attachment from the previous post.

Attachments

• Image 1 (2) (8).png
    Image 1 (2) (8).png
    262.4 KB · Views: 267
Was the camera turned on it's side? The image is in portrait orientation which I would assume means the back was rotated. However if the camera was on it's side then the dark strip could be from the mirror momentarily hanging during the exposure.

Joe

Missing attachment from the previous post.

In this 2nd attachment that sure looks more clearly like chemistry.

Joe

Thanks for your input!

I was pretty sure it's either a shutter / back or a mirror problem but it's inconsistent with the third frame.

I'll try with around 100ml more in the same tank and see if that helps.

Was the camera turned on it's side? The image is in portrait orientation which I would assume means the back was rotated. However if the camera was on it's side then the dark strip could be from the mirror momentarily hanging during the exposure.

Joe

I always shoot in portrait and always on a tripod so the camera is its normal position at all times :)

Thanks for your input!

I was pretty sure it's either a shutter / back or a mirror problem but it's inconsistent with the third frame.

I'll try with around 100ml more in the same tank and see if that helps.

Can't be a shutter problem and thinking about it for another minute it can't be the mirror either as the line is too sharp -- has to be chemistry.

Joe

Most reactions

New Topics

Back