Darkening only blacks using Camera RAW 7.0?

Gerardo_G

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm doing photo-diagrams, so I have a series of similar looking photos explaining each step. That's why I like using Camera RAW. Most of the editing is exactly the same for all the photos and I can do it faster using this program.

I have a black background in every photo, but due to the lighting it isn't completely black. I want to darken it more without affecting the subject which has a different color. How can I do this in Camera RAW 7.0?

This is one of the photos:

$8.JPG

In Camera RAW what option can I use to do that?

Create a new adjustment layer and use a mask to selectively darken what you want.

I can do that in PhotoShop but I can't find those options in CameraRAW either. Can you explain me where can I find them in Camera RAW?

Thanks in advance :)

I can do that in PhotoShop but I can't find those options in CameraRAW either. Can you explain me where can I find them in Camera RAW?

Thanks in advance :)

The best you can do in ACR is use the Adjustment Brush to isolate the background. Otherwise all changes are global.

Joe

Unfortunately, the tools in Camera Raw/LR don't have the precision the selection tools in Photoshop have.

So use Photoshop, and if you want to batch process several photos you can record an Action and use Photoshop's Image Processor in batch mode.

Thank you for all your help guys :).

I finally killed the shadows like Vince.1551 suggested. It wasn't perfect but it was fast.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back