Darkroom artists, post your prints here for critique!

sunshinedaydream

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I could not find a thread for people to post their b&w prints that aren't digital, nor processed at walgreens. I want some critique from people familiar with darkroom techniques.

I scanned mine, and I'm guessing there was something on the scanner that caused the little white specks on the images (it's not dust on the negs, because the actual prints don't have them).

Photobucket is down at the moment, so I'll have to post them later, but everyone else should post theirs. no digitals please!

okay, up and running again...

img055.jpg

img056.jpg

img061.jpg

img067.jpg

img079.jpg

img074.jpg

that last one, I didn't leave in the fixer long enough, hence the discoloration

i really like the portrait of the girl. i think its amazing. shes beautiful and the sullen look on her face matches the dust and scratches on the prints nicely *high five*

*blushes* that's my self portrait. thank you. the scratches and dust were from the scanner, unfortunately.

I had a thread but this one looks like a better idea. I also had the problem with scanning my prints on here and the dust.

2682909384_cb3f3fae6e.jpg

edit* I also really like your first print, how did you splice the image? Did you just sandwich the negs or did you have to print twice then dodge/burn or something like that?

Last edited:
you need to refix that last image,

let me understand , you printed these and scanned them, or you developed the negatives and scanned them?

Either way, on my monitor, the contrast is all over the place, some too flat , some too contrasty.
Several look like multi-exposures and are underexposed and none are very sharp.

scanning is another skill set all it's own so it is very difficult to know were the issues lie

i really like that first image Mooseontheloose. great idea. very simple i like it alot.

I'm digging the second one and the fifth one. The second is almost like a computer wallpaper. The fifth one has a little bit of a...demonic tone to it.

Thanks, I have a bunch more night shots but I need to scan them onto the comp first.

Oh dear god sunshine, that first picture is wildly brilliant. Surreal, absurd, slapstick...it has it all. I would put that on my wall.

I'm not as big on the statues, but #2 and the self-portrait are terrific as well! And those specks give the image some class.

great pictures everyone! I love how classic self developed B&W looks:thumbup: I may have to post some of my pictures for C&C

here is one I did in my photo class, something was smeared on the delvoping machine magnifier and made wierd fuzzy dreamy effect at the top of my photo. in a way it looks kinda neat.

scan0004.jpg

scan0005.jpg

I took this picture on Kodak Tri-X 400, I set the ISO wrong and it got over exposed and grainy but its one of my favorite pics of my niece.
scan0006.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back