Darkroom Ventilation

Photog1123

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi All,

Hoping all of you and myself a great prosperous and creative new year. I recently had a mishap in my darkroom. All signs point to bad ventilation, I have what would be equivalent to a light tight bathroom fan. I think something more industrial would be in order. The prices vary from $100 on up. Does anyone have a recommendation as to what is strong but not going to break the bank? My darkroom is around 400 square feet. I have a large sink. The Darkroom is pretty much state of the art except the fan, any suggestions, make or models or even type would be greatly appreciate.

I will post up some of my work soon.

Thank you in advance,

M

Great idea. I'll be contributing along the way. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_7158.jpg
    IMG_7158.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 232
Since you may be having a chemical issues, I would get a fan rated for a larger room (higher cfm), to suck out MORE air. Or a two speed fan, low for general use, high when you are using chemicals.

Also place the intake for the exhaust fan on the OTHER side of the chemicals from you, or have the exhaust intake OVER the chemicals. This is so that you don't have the exhaust sucking the chemical vapors from the chemicals, past you and into the rest of the darkroom, then to the exhaust fan.
The closer you can get the intake to the chemicals, the more effective it will be, as it is closer to the source of the vapors.

You also need a filtered air intake to replace the air that the exhaust fan is sucking out. The port in your darkroom where the fresh air enters, should be such that fresh air comes in, goes past you, then to the exhaust fan. Think about the path of the air flow.

And you want to vent the exhaust OUTSIDE the house, not into another room.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back