Darkroom

ChevyBaby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
cakeshoppingandphotos.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've set up a black and white darkroom and the only thing I'm missing is the lightproofing. It's a tricky situation since the darkroom has been made in a room with a window at a 45degree angle. I'm worried anything lightproof will be too heavy to stay put! Any experiences? Any ideas?

Thanks guys n gals!

When I needed to do a really low-rent lightproofing I used to use two layers of black plastic garbage bags taped to the window frame. These were basement windows that didn't get direct sun and it worked very well.

Or you can get heavy plastic sheeting at a hard store, which should do the job as well.

Thanks for the help guys, I've been looking at a site called Thorlabs which had some blackout material made from rubber, as the room gets direct sunlight all day long the black bags we get in England are absolutely pants and light streams straight through them! Thanks for the link, compur. Shipping from the US grinds my gears but it's gotta be worth it!

Your local hardware or building contractor store will have 2 inch insulating foam. Usually in 4x8 foot sheets, but may be available smaller. Measure the window opening, cut the foam just a pinch oversize with a steak knife and press fit into the window frame. Paint it black on the window glass side and painr the inside to match the interior color. Block light and look nice from the inside. Easily removable when needed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back