Dating and identifying cameras

Hi,
I have an old Graflex speed graphic camera with a Gundlach Optical Company lens. Also unusual is printed on the side- Heiland Research Corporation Denver, Colorado. Can you tell me anything about it?
Hopefully you can see the pix from these links. THANKS!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/Donnieandjann/DSCF8733.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/Donnieandjann/DSCF8741.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/Donnieandjann/DSCF8759.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/Donnieandjann/DSCF8745.jpg

I have an old Exakta VX 35 mm that I would like to get some info on.

Just above the lens it says Thagee Dresden
The Sn# is VX700621

It has a Ziess Lens on it that says
Carl Ziess Jena Nr. 3256697

The lens is a f2.8 50 mm

This camera also has a waist level view finder like a Hassy or a Mamiya

Thanks for any info on the body or the lens

Michael

I have photos if needed

I have an old Exakta VX 35 mm that I would like to get some info on.

Just above the lens it says Thagee Dresden
The Sn# is VX700621

It has a Ziess Lens on it that says
Carl Ziess Jena Nr. 3256697

The lens is a f2.8 50 mm

This camera also has a waist level view finder like a Hassy or a Mamiya

Thanks for any info on the body or the lens

Michael

I have photos if needed

Your Exakta is from 1952-1953. A fairly common camera but interesting nevertheless. Price for it if in mint and functioning order: $120-150.

Some more info on Zeiss camera numbering system. Their system numbered each camera model, such as 531 (Super Ikonta A) and then a slash and a second number. This second number actually defines the size of the negative. Thus, 531/16 means it was a Super Ikonta 6x6cm. Here is the comparative chart:

Number Metric Size
1.........45x107mm
2.........6x9cm
3.........6.5x9cm
4.........6x13cm
5.........8.5x11.5cm
6.........8x14cm
7.........9x12cm
8.........9x14cm
9.........10x15cm
10........9x18cm
11........13x16cm
12........4x6.5cm
13........13x18cm
14........5x7.5cm
15........6.5x11cm
16........6x6cm
17........8x10.5cm
18........3x4cm
20........18x24cm
21........24x30cm
24........24x36mm
27........24x24mm

Hope this helps somewhat... ;)

Heya :) I just found this thread so I would like to share what I have at home..

I got these two cameras from my fathers friends restaurant where they served as decorations (as they do now in my bedroom ^^), but they wouldn't fit to the interior after the reconstruction, so he gave them to me. The bigger one is, I believe, a Fotokor GOMZ PK0180. The smaller is Agfa Billy, but I'm not sure about the specifics. It also looks like it's able to work, though I didn't figure it out yet (mostly because I am not sure if the shutter is that thing on the front of the lense or it has to be attached externally, and I dont know how it should look inside, where the film is placed). They are both from the 30's. If anyone knows how can I find out if the Agfa is still working please let me in that secret :)

upload png

Congrats on two interesting cameras! The AGFA Billy you have is the Billy Record. Fairly simple shutter but prone to multiple exposures if you don't wind the film! All you need to do is press down on the A button (in the picture) and that will activate the shutter. To open the camera you will have to slide down (or laterally, I can't remember) the lock B. Make sure there is no film in the camera when you do that. You might even consider winding the film first, if there is film in the camera. Look on the back of the camera and observe a red window, when you wind the film there should be some markings (numbers) going by.

Billy.jpg

Good luck!

Thanks a lot for the manual :) I downloaded the spanish one, since I can speak italian and there are similarities. The pictures were very helpful since I am sure now that the camera isnt missing anything inside, because when I first opened it and there was nothing inside, just the folded camera with a lense, i thought maybe there are some parts missing..I guess I imagined there was going to be something like a mini typewriter inside :D Anyhow I tried to put a film in there (took me forever to get it there since the roll-on thingy is a bit broken and doesnt hold in a place very well), so as soon as I'll get home I'll try to take a picture with that..will I see something trough the window that will tell me that a picture was taken? Or is there another way to make sure it worked without opening a camera and therefore damaging the film?

Thanks a lot for the manual :) I downloaded the spanish one, since I can speak italian and there are similarities. The pictures were very helpful since I am sure now that the camera isnt missing anything inside, because when I first opened it and there was nothing inside, just the folded camera with a lense, i thought maybe there are some parts missing..I guess I imagined there was going to be something like a mini typewriter inside :D Anyhow I tried to put a film in there (took me forever to get it there since the roll-on thingy is a bit broken and doesnt hold in a place very well), so as soon as I'll get home I'll try to take a picture with that..will I see something trough the window that will tell me that a picture was taken? Or is there another way to make sure it worked without opening a camera and therefore damaging the film?

You're quite welcome! The way to see if the film is advancing in these folding cameras is to watch the red window and see if you can observe lines, dots or numbers going by. Obviously the numbers, when centered in the red window will tell you that the camera is ready to fire a picture. In your camera's instance, the shutter works independently from the film winding so there's a very good chance for accidental multiple exposures. The only way to avoid it is to advance the film right after you take a picture. And of course, remembering to do just that. :lol: When you advance film, always look for the numbers to move in the direction of the winding lever. If they do not, then the film is not engaged properly. By the way, you will need an empty spool in the take-up spool space. ;)

Hi.. I am new to this forum and looking for a place to start...lol I just was given a camera and a case of lenses from my dad and asked to sell them... He did photography in the 70s when I was a kid.. weddings, etc... and he bought top of the line equipment... so I am looking to see what i have and where to start to sell these items....
This is what I think I have but don't get all the numbers of the lense.....
Nikon n90s slr camera
Nikon SB-26 autofocus speedlight flash
AF zoom Nikkor 35-80mm f/4-5.6 d lense
AF zoom Nikkor 75-300mm f/4.5-5.6 lense
All of this is in a Nikkon carry case and have manuals with receipt for 2000.00

Then I have a case full of lenses
Mamiya 150 mm
Mamiya 80mm
Mamiya 45mm with a case
Mamiya 80mm( i have 2)
Parts, cleaning things,three rolls of film
A Mamiya film holder m645

If anyone knows anything about these items
It would be soooo much appreciated!

Hi everyone!

I work for a local charity in Australia and we have recentley had a Lecia Lens donated to us. Iam a total amature when it comes to having any knowledge on them. So i was just wondering if anybody might be able to please give me some info on it from the below photos. The lens will be listed on ebay so if i could maybe get some info i would need for the listing, that would be fantastic. Thanks so much:D

$DSCF7376.jpg$DSCF7369.jpg$DSCF7370.jpg$DSCF7372.jpg$DSCF7374.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back