Daughter under table

Well, that is certainly easy enough...How about version 3...

6187703124_a915976a60_b.jpg

The cropping ruined the naturalistic, candid feeling...the cropped-down image is too cramped, and is very tunnel-vision-like. I do not like the crop at ALL. Adorable child, G...you must be one proud papa!

Well, definitely no shortage of differing opinions here...Thanks for all the feedback.

Well, definitely no shortage of differing opinions here...

Of course, and that's why offering photos for C&C is somewhat useless, lol.

I personally don't like #3. But both #1 and 2 are very nice even though I "liked" K's initial response. It is unfortunate but someone is bound to make that remark and, once made, it is impossible not to see the spot as puke. Does that mean you should trash #1? No. Not everyone is a 53 yo drunk with a twisted mind. But I prefer #2 which gets me closer to your daughter. It is a much more intimate portrait and because she is so cute, I like being closer. But I think both work very nicely even though in different ways.

Well, I don't know about that. I definitely learned one thing regarding B&W...without the color to give context, some things will be a distraction that I had never worried about before. I guess, without the color 'distracting' the viewer, more emphasis seems to be placed on the composition.

Good to know.

Well, I don't know about that. I definitely learned one thing regarding B&W...without the color to give context, some things will be a distraction that I had never worried about before. I guess, without the color 'distracting' the viewer, more emphasis seems to be placed on the composition.

Good to know.

Totally agree. C&C is always useful to me. It's just a matter of identifying the useful comments and disregarding those you don't agree.
When it comes to art, you'll always find different opinions. That's the beauty of it.

So, crop aside, how is the conversion?

To the OP, I like the photo. Liked it from the beginning.

Most reactions

Back