Daughter's Swim Meet Photos C&C Welcome!

Nikanon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This was my first time going to one of my daughters high school swim meets this year. The aquatics arena is not that huge especially when there were 10 schools there for the meet and space was very limited. I tried to get different angle shots while my daughter was competing but was very limited due to a ton of kids that hang out at pool side cheering their teammates on. Overall I had a good time and took some nice photos. C&C is very appreciated and let me know what I can improve on next time.

Photos were taken with my D7000 & Nikon 70-200 2.8 VRII. None of these photos were cropped or edited.

$DSC_8199.JPG

$DSC_8201.JPG

$DSC_8088.JPG

$DSC_8021.JPG

$DSC_8155.JPG

$DSC_8116.JPG

Close down your aperture a bit more so you get all of your daughter in focus. Several of the shots miss the focus on her face, getting either her shoulder or the splash just in front in focus leaving the face slightly soft. From your shutter speeds it looks like you have plenty of light to at least shoot f4 or 5.6, if not you still could up your ISO to get the shutter speeds and close down the aperture for a deeper dof.

Other than that just keep an eye on where your focus points are hitting and get down closer to the water level so you are not shooting down all the time. Your composition and subject timing will come from shooting more swimming.

Most reactions

Back