Dave's model port shots...

MReid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.alloutdoor.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Dave called and said he needed a headshot and an upper body with shirt off shot....well I don't shoot many guys so I figured why not.
Well Dave showed up in a pink/purple plaid shirt with white undershirt and a brown coat with a furry collar, then he says his them is dramatic/intense for the shots....I have to admit I kind of laughed a bit.
He was really stiff and hard to get going....but a nice guy. Took about 30 minutes to find a look that would work for him.
Natural light, 70-200 2.8.

950thisD709128edited-1-L.jpg

950D709171edited-1-L.jpg

I really like #2; well executed. In #1 however, if it's a headshot, I would include all of the head. Where you've cropped it looks a bit awkward to me, but nice lighting and tack-sharp focus! :thumbup:

He looks Beefy! I wish I had abs like that. Dont like how you clipped his head in number one. But Im sure you probably have others with slightly different angles.

Appreciate everyone who took the time to comment.
The current trend is to crop into top of the head in guys modeling headshots.

Yeah he is a triathlete, in really good shape.

Appreciate everyone who took the time to comment.
The current trend is to crop into top of the head in guys modeling headshots.

Yeah he is a triathlete, in really good shape.

I would think that people would want to see more of his hair since its a modeling port. But I do not keep up with this type of work much so I really wouldnt know. I think the ab shot alone will get him a call back.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back