David Jr. Photography

djrp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello. My name is David, and I am a amateur photographer, and I was wondering if you guys could check out my website: David Jr. Photography - Home

On it is my photography and other stuff. Please tell me what you think! :D

not bad but there is nothing really interesting in many of your photos. They seem to lack a subject (particularly in the scenery and places albums). Overall you have some good shots but they seem more like good snapshots than photography. Work on your composition some more and your photos will turn out much nice. Isolate a subject or whatever it is that caught your eye and remember the rule of thirds. If you think of what it is you are photographing then ask yourself "how could I get this to stand out more" then the composition should come naturally.

Most of these look like every day point-and-shoot snapshots. Nothing really interesting in there. The only one that caught my attention was the shoes, and it's a nice picture, but I don't like that so much of them is out of the frame.

Lots of these are suffering from exposure/focus/composition issues. I think you should be a little more selective about what makes it into your portfolio.

EDIT: Also, I do like the sleeping puppy one.

not bad but there is nothing really interesting in many of your photos. They seem to lack a subject (particularly in the scenery and places albums). Overall you have some good shots but they seem more like good snapshots than photography. Work on your composition some more and your photos will turn out much nice. Isolate a subject or whatever it is that caught your eye and remember the rule of thirds. If you think of what it is you are photographing then ask yourself "how could I get this to stand out more" then the composition should come naturally.

Thank you for looking at my photos! And yes, they are more like snapshots because I dont have a DSLR camera, and I didnt use a tripod on most of them.

Thank you for looking at my photos! And yes, they are more like snapshots because I dont have a DSLR camera, and I didnt use a tripod on most of them.

Neither do I but that is still no excuse for bad composition and exposure. I think you just need more practice. Experiment with your camera settings and read up on what the settings do.

Most of these look like every day point-and-shoot snapshots. Nothing really interesting in there. The only one that caught my attention was the shoes, and it's a nice picture, but I don't like that so much of them is out of the frame.

Lots of these are suffering from exposure/focus/composition issues. I think you should be a little more selective about what makes it into your portfolio.

EDIT: Also, I do like the sleeping puppy one.

Thank you, and they are probably suffering from a lot of things cause this is just a start to my photography career. I'm learning what I do wrong, then find a way to fix it later on. I just started the website so I can get a head start into a later career.

Thanks for viewing my website, and photography!

Not an excuse. Practice with what you've got.

edit: nevermind, snakeguy beat me to this! :lol:

Neither do I but that is still no excuse for bad composition and exposure. I think you just need more practice. Experiment with your camera settings and read up on what the settings do.

Ok. Sounds like a good idea!

I admire your positive reaction to criticism djrp. Keep at it. I suggest taking some photos and posting them here for review from other members. Just a few at a time, so we can help you narrow down any issues you may be having. Depending on how much freedom your camera gives you with manual settings depends on whether or not you're going to be able to control some of the issues we've commented on. If automatic mode is all you have to work with, there's not a whole lot you can do about that. However, we certainly can help to give you pointers on composition and whatnot.

A few things right off the bat:
- If your photo is out of focus, dump it. It's not worth keeping. I'm seeing lots of focus problems with your photos.
- If you're taking a picture of a specific object, be mindful of your backgrounds. Something in the background distracting? Remove it and reshoot. Background too dull? Relocate or add something.
- Get down to the level of your subject. If you're taking a picture of dog laying down, try getting your camera level with him, even if it means you're laying on the floor too. Pointing your camera down at lower subjects is often a clear indication of an amateur photographer. This isn't always the case of course, but as a general rule of thumb, you want to try to be level with the subject.
- Allow us to edit your photos. There's a lot we do to help you if you let us edit your photos (fixing exposure, cropping for better composition, etc).

I admire your positive reaction to criticism djrp. Keep at it. I suggest taking some photos and posting them here for review from other members. Just a few at a time, so we can help you narrow down any issues you may be having. Depending on how much freedom your camera gives you with manual settings depends on whether or not you're going to be able to control some of the issues we've commented on. If automatic mode is all you have to work with, there's not a whole lot you can do about that. However, we certainly can help to give you pointers on composition and whatnot.

A few things right off the bat:
- If your photo is out of focus, dump it. It's not worth keeping. I'm seeing lots of focus problems with your photos.
- If you're taking a picture of a specific object, be mindful of your backgrounds. Something in the background distracting? Remove it and reshoot. Background too dull? Relocate or add something.
- Get down to the level of your subject. If you're taking a picture of dog laying down, try getting your camera level with him, even if it means you're laying on the floor too. Pointing your camera down at lower subjects is often a clear indication of an amateur photographer. This isn't always the case of course, but as a general rule of thumb, you want to try to be level with the subject.
- Allow us to edit your photos. There's a lot we do to help you if you let us edit your photos (fixing exposure, cropping for better composition, etc).

Ok. I will try to put some of my photos up here. Thanks for the pointers too, I appreciate it!

I have moved my photography to Picasa Web Albums - David Jr if you guys would like to comment on certain photos and tell me what you think! :D

Most reactions

Back