David's Introduction

uniltirantokx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello!

After a hiatus of several years, I'm back in the photography and astrophotography/astronomy game. I'm an Electrical Engineer, published science writer (Science, Nature, Brain, Brain Research, Journal of Experimental Medicine, etc), and an aspiring SF author.

I took delivery of my Meade LX800 last month and my Canon EOS 60Da yesterday. (Have a Canon EOS 6D on pre-order; buying lenses like a man possessed. :lol:) Now if it would clear up and stop raining I could get something done! (Gives me time to read the manuals, however. The Canon one is a tome!)

Regards,

David Martin, Ph.D.

welcome David. what did you publish in science?

Welcome to TPF! I hope we get to see some shots through that telescope! Any hot bikini-clad beach gals nearby...and by nearby I mean within 1/2 mile of that objective? (wink!)

welcome David. what did you publish in science?

[FONT=&amp]The Mathematical Model for the Etiology of Alzheimer Disease using Molecular Genetics, in Proceedings of the National Institute of Mental Health, 2001[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Human immunodeficiency virus-1 coat protein gp120 impairs contextual fear conditioning: a potential role in AIDS related learning and memory impairments, Brain Research, 861 (2000) 8-15[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Thermal hyperalgesia and mechanical allodynia produced by intrathecal administration of the human immunodeficiency virus-1 (HIV-1) envelope glycoprotein, gp120, Brain Research, 861 (200) 105-116[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]A Mathematical Analysis of the Human Immunodeficiency Virus, in Proceedings of the Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics, 1999[/FONT]

among many others...

Sounds like some interesting stuff. Nice to see math being used in biology. Id love to build a FEA model for proteins.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back