whw97_180.jpg

8: day 9: There are some casualties every year
whw97_182.jpg

9: day 9: The Observatory on Ben Nevis
whw97_184.jpg

10: day 9: On Ben Nevis, almost no visibility
whw97_188.jpg

.. that is it for now .. promised! ;)

This series (all days) is just incredible:clap:. You hiked this whole thing? I would love to do something like this. How did you pack enough supplies for 8 days?

How did you pack enough supplies for 8 days?

Actually there are a couple of pubs even in the wilderness, so you do not have to pack all the whisky and beer ;) .. also you are able to buy limited food at some places.

However, I did this without buying any food, and I sometimes am on hikes where there are simple no places to buy anything, even for longer than 8 days ... Then the answer is : carry it all on your back! Get a 100-130 litre rucksack and pack wisely in cooler and wet climates you will carry between 20-30 kg, depends on your standards. Those numbers of course exclude camera gear.. so it can be a pain ;)

These days I'd reccomend theirs: http://www.bergans.no/sider_eng/start.htm

Actually there are a couple of pubs even in the wilderness, so you do not have to pack all the whisky and beer ;)

:lmao: That's funny. I'll bet it was a good time even with all the weight you had to carry.

All I can say is WOW!!! I would do any of those treks in a heartbeat if I was able to (AKA had the money). Just the peace and quiet you had would be a real treat. You are one lucky person to be able to do things like this :hail: .

I wish I could pronounce those names. :lol: Anyway, gorgeous photos. I really like the rainbow one. :)

Even many people in the UK cannot pronounce them correctly ;)

Great end to the series. What beautiful, beautiful scenery. Spectacular view in #1....I'd have to be dragged away from a view like that. I like how #2 shows the road continuing way off in the distance. #4 is the full shot of the cropped pano you posted, that encapsulates for me that mental picture I have of hiking in Scotland. The rainbow shot is amazing in that it looks like you're above it, looking down! Very cool. I love 6 and 7. But where the heck did that snow come from in the last few...what time of year was this? Wasn't it all the same hike?

Thanks again for a super series. :clap:

Thanks again for a super series. :clap:

QFE!

(Quoted for emphasis).

Mostly so the :clap: !!!
You deserve it.
This series deserves it.

Your Photo 3 here deserves it :thumbup:

Thansk all :)

Antarctican said:
But where the heck did that snow come from in the last few...what time of year was this? Wasn't it all the same hike?

Well, don't you know they say in the Scottish Highlands you can get 4 seasons a day? :p

This was early spring. From day 5 or so the weather got worse, and also the walk climbs more altitude. The last two were then shot on Ben Nevis, the UK's highest montain, which just happen to be right there where the West Highland Way ends, so I had to climb, even though that was a miserable day.

Your Photo 3 here deserves it :thumbup:

Now, that photo gives me a big grin anytime I look at it ;)

Thanks to all for the nice comments!

I guess you were referring to all 5 threads on my trip ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back