Day After Surgery.

Bynx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Must have a big heart considering the size of the hole they opened up to do a triple bypass.

wk38dz.jpg

The odd thing about having this surgery was that it was competely pain free. I mean the very idea of sneezing or coughing was out of the question because of the pain. As long as I didnt sneeze or cough then no problem. But considering the size of the opening in the chest and a big slice in my leg from knee to ankle, there just wasnt any pain at all.

Same thing here, although the vein in my left leg was removed through a small opening by cauterizing the vein top and bottom and pulling it out like a worm is how he described it.

I had 2 drainage tubes in my chest and they hurt like *&^% for 2 days, then calmed down.

I think I used my take home pain meds once.

Bruce

Well that sure sounds like a sensible way to get the vein out. I was in hospital for 6 days. They said I wasnt supposed to carry more than 10 pounds. So then they give me a medical kid to look after myself. The kit included a bunch of sterile water. That and my overnight bag with clothes etc weighed more than 10 pounds. Then I took a train and bus home. I felt like everthing would pop open if anyone bumped into me. Staples from head to toe. Weird.

Most reactions

Back