A drive around town on Sunday.

milkweed in autumn.jpg

chantier road milkweed in autumn.jpg

talbots fence and cherry tree in autumn 3.jpg

milkweed landscape in autumn on chantier rd.jpg

autumn joe pye and foliage.jpg

foliage and hillside in autumn.jpg

Last edited:
For driving around with 5 kids in the truck, I'd say you did very well!

Beautiful fall colors there. The last image is very special. I love that rolling hill under the bright blue sky and colorful treeline. A beauty!

The other standout for me is #3. The angle of the fence line makes a great vanishing point. The fence has texture, and the sky is interesting.

Nice set of images!

Beautiful, will be another 2-3weeks here before we see much color. :apologetic:

Wow incredibly gorgeous photos

Beautiful! What part of VT is this? I’d be camping out in that field waiting for the wind to kick up a snowstorm of that fluff! Those are my favorite in this set.

For driving around with 5 kids in the truck, I'd say you did very well!

Beautiful fall colors there. The last image is very special. I love that rolling hill under the bright blue sky and colorful treeline. A beauty!

The other standout for me is #3. The angle of the fence line makes a great vanishing point. The fence has texture, and the sky is interesting.

Nice set of images!

I’m happy you enjoyed them! The last shot I saw because there was the fluorescent red tree right at the peak of the hill. I pulled The family over , flew out of the truck and ran over an old stone wall onto the hillside and shot that blindingly bright tree. Thanks!!

Beautiful! What part of VT is this? I’d be camping out in that field waiting for the wind to kick up a snowstorm of that fluff! Those are my favorite in this set.

Oh man that milkweed (or whatever they are?)! Just you wait until I have time to post another one I have on the BW forum. Those fluffy things are already bleach white and they look insane in BW. I caught it right at the time, right as they released their fluffy seeds...and (as you may know) we are getting rain today/tonight which will flatten all those seeds out and unfortunately take a bunch of the foliage with it.

These shots were taken driving around a few backroad towns here in VT. North of Montpelier about 35-40 minutes. Woodbury, Adamant, those small towns.

Last edited:

Oh man that milkweed (or whatever they are?)! Just you wait until I have time to post another one I have on the BW forum. Those fluffy things are already bleach white and they look insane in BW. I caught it right at the time, right as they released their fluffy seeds...and (as you may know) we are getting rain today/tonight which will flatten all those seeds out and unfortunately take a bunch of the foliage with it.

These shots were taken driving around a few backroad towns here in VT. North of Montpelier about 35-40 minutes. Woodbury, Adamant, those small towns.

I'm supposed to be heading up for a day trip next Saturday. I may be chasing you for a foliage update!

I'm supposed to be heading up for a day trip next Saturday. I may be chasing you for a foliage update!

Great no problem. I’d guess by then we will be done here but 30 minutes south would be looking pretty good

I think we’re heading toward Peacham???

I think we’re heading toward Peacham???

Sure that’s a great destination. I’d hurry if you’re trying to see foliage. We got rain last night and I’m lot sure yet what it did to the leaves. Regardless, that’s a great area to take photos

Great set. I like the last two the most.

The foliage is beautiful here at Acadia NP but it's been so foggy and misty it is hard to get a good shot of it.

Most reactions

Back