Day Dreamer

shmne

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't think I've ever posted this here, been a while since I have posted anything actually.

I've seen a lot of people popping up with post processing and what not, so I figured I'd show an example of using post processing creatively.
coulasjoedaydreamerport.jpg

This has always been a favorite of mine, C&C is more than welcome!

Last edited:
Really cool concept but I think the lighting/shadow is off. Can you post original?

The font needs a lot of work because of the pixelation!

Curious, the font has pixelation? I know the image has exaggerated chromatic aberration, however that is party due to the process of capturing the image (30 second exposure w/ end flash) The only pixelation I see however is due to compression to fit onto the site in the size it is

Original, OOC-
97241866674552105467502.jpg

Last edited:
Of the original? Sadly no, my hard drive is packed away while I am moving. There is a rough line on the left outline of my body where the CA takes place however, it may mess with your eyes a little bit.

Let me see if I backed it up on flickr or anything like that, I'm almost positive that they are all of the final version and not the original.

Of the original? Sadly no, my hard drive is packed away while I am moving. There is a rough line on the left outline of my body where the CA takes place however, it may mess with your eyes a little bit.

Let me see if I backed it up on flickr or anything like that, I'm almost positive that they are all of the final version and not the original.

I'm sorry, I should have made it more obvious that I was being sarcastic. There's no reason to post an image here bigger than 1024 on the long side.

I dig your style Joe Coulas, Photographic Designer.

I'm sorry, I should have made it more obvious that I was being sarcastic. There's no reason to post an image here bigger than 1024 on the long side.

No no, actually I completely missed that I uploaded the full res version. That explains why I had trouble compressing it to fit xD

@Tyler
Why thank you ^_-

My initial reaction was "oh good stuff!", then went to "Day Dreamer in what seems to be a night scene??"

Still very cool regardless of my observation. Kudos.

My initial reaction was "oh good stuff!", then went to "Day Dreamer in what seems to be a night scene??"

That is a very good point, I see that I failed in my visual explanation in what is going on. The thought I was experimenting with was daytime on the left, going into a more dream-like nighttime on the right.

That is why the lighting is very harsh and directional. Maybe next time I will try to expand the light more towards the right so that it looks more like day going into night?

That is a very good point, I see that I failed in my visual explanation in what is going on. The thought I was experimenting with was daytime on the left, going into a more dream-like nighttime on the right.

That is why the lighting is very harsh and directional. Maybe next time I will try to expand the light more towards the right so that it looks more like day going into night?

Maybe if made the word 'day' a dynamic light source and put more stars on the right hand side of the frame leading off from the word 'dreamer'?

Interesting, I really like that thought. Once I get my hard drive back I'll have to try that out, I only have the finalized version available and not the editable one.

Most reactions

Back