Day Lily, film version

JonA_CT

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
blackandwhitelily.jpg
More Kodak Tri-X 400 -- some processing in LR. Killing some time while my D600 is in the shop...View attachment 123988

Last edited:
Very nice. I like the feel and the mood. I might have cropped it differently, maybe moved the center of the flower a little to the left and down, but that's more a personal choice. You done good.

Very nice. I like the feel and the mood. I might have cropped it differently, maybe moved the center of the flower a little to the left and down, but that's more a personal choice. You done good.

100% agree -- I think sometimes when I look at something for a long time, I miss some of the smaller details like that. I've updated the OP.

Nice!! Between the graininess and the contrast, it almost looks like a bromoil print. :586:

Nice, I would tell them to keep your D600

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Eh...film definitely has it's place in my life, but I appreciate changing ISO with a roll of a wheel and autofocus too much to abandon my D600 completely. That, and I can't afford the film I'd go through if I didn't have a digital camera!

I've started preferring the film camera when I'm on my own and have time to think about composition and exposure...even though it's science, I like the art in it.

Nice!! Between the graininess and the contrast, it almost looks like a bromoil print. :586:

Thanks! I had to look up the bromoil process -- that's cool stuff! I'll also admit that I did a decent amount of burning in this image, especially in the upper right hand corner. When I took down highlights there, that's when the flower started to pop more.

Thanks! I had to look up the bromoil process -- that's cool stuff! I'll also admit that I did a decent amount of burning in this image, especially in the upper right hand corner. When I took down highlights there, that's when the flower started to pop more.

Nothing wrong with manipulating your negatives to get the desired results. You'd do the exact same thing in the darkroom!

Aside: I love making bromoils. It's been a few years now since I've had my setup ready to go, and I miss that. It's fun being an alternative process film geek, studying your negatives and considering what process might make them sing (if you don't have an idea in mind before you even take the shot). ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back