Day out with the new macro lens! C&C welcome!

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, I had a nice day out with my new Sigma 105mm 2.8 macro lens. I love this lens. Its great if you dont mind manual focusing (not that the AF doesnt work, just not well for macro work, as Im sure you know). Anywho, enjoy and C&C welcome if you'd like. =]

Mark

DSC_0290.jpg

DSC_0299.jpg

DSC_0253.jpg

DSC_0315.jpg

DSC_0309.jpg

DSC_0234.jpg

DSC_0099.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

I have seen what that lens can do and you did great! Now all you need is extension Kenko Tubes!

Hey, thanks! I really wish they were bigger than they are. They honestly do look much better when theyre bigger. Cant complain too much, though.

Mark

Thanks alot. Im thinking about getting the first one printed. That one and 2, 4, or 5.

Mark

Thanks everyone!

I edited one of them a bit. Got out some of the more distracting nasties in my pond. How does this look?

DSC_03099.jpg

Mark

Cool, I like the DOF and comp. on the third one. I just bought a Canon 100 2.8 and love it. You're right about the manual focus, pretty much the only way to go when shooting close up.

The eyes in photo 8 are just spectacular, I can't wait to give macro a try! You guys say that manual focus is the way to go, is that just with the sigma or a general rule for macro?

Thanks again everyone! F/16 1/200s ISO-1000 on number 4. Thats probably where the sharpness comes from. Gotta love the D90's half decent ISO capabilities. =]

@Mav90 - Manual focus is generally more accepted with macro because..well..most macros are loud. When dealing with little critters, this could easily scare them off. Also, with the longer tele macros..90mm and above..the DOF is extremely thin at 1:1..even stopped down to F/13 or so. Manual focus ensures you get the focal point just where you want it. Also, with so much range (1:1 magnification to infinity), There is generally a looooooong searching time with AF. Even with the limiter, there is generally alot of searching done by the lens. Manual focus is just sooo much easier when it comes to macro. Its kind of something you have to experience for yourself to fully understand..ya know?

Hope this helped.
Mark

Wow... some awesome shots! I too have this lens but I have not got any shots like this yet... I'm wondering how you got this close up shots of the flys? How did you not scare them away? lol... how close did you have to get?

Most reactions

Back