Day trip, here are my pictures

Tulsa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went to visit a family member who is at University of Oklahoma and headed back home through OKC, so I stopped at the bombing memorial and took the camera along. I have been wanting to try the Photomatix software, so I tried the trial version, which explains the watermarks but I think it works great, time to buy the full version. They may need to be straightened and cropped, but I think they turned out great so far. C&C please
IMG_8950_1_2_tonemapped.jpg

IMG_8981_2_3_tonemapped.jpg

IMG_8972_3_4_tonemapped.jpg

IMG_8991_2_3_tonemapped.jpg

I like 1 3 and 4 a lot.. 2 doesn't do much for me though. The first is probably my favorite out of all 4 :) Great shots!

Thanks, the one from the OKC memorial will be posted soon.

BTW thesee were all shot with a Canon 50d/Sigma 10-20mm HSM DC

Could you expand on what you like about them?
What you don't like about them?

few from OKC, I notice a 2 of them have a spot, its was slightly sprinkling,
memorial2.jpg

memorial1.jpg

memorial3.jpg

For the 1st I like that it looks like the photographer got down on the ground to take the photo and get that angle, shows effort - I'd have probably just been like "ooh neat statue *snap* (at an overhead view lol)"

The 2nd is off center, and I feel like that shot needs to be centered in order to be appealing?

The 3rd its okay that its off center to me, and I like that the cobblestone or whatever you call that on the ground makes the picture look even longer for me, you can tell that the building is HUGE yet they still got the ground and the sky in the photo somehow from up close.

4 is just neat.. and the little light on the top right, the 1st one isn't shining as bright as the others - makes it not look so staged that the place is so empty, a little character.

From the 2nd set the only one I kinda like is the 3rd, and even then I really find the first set posted way more appealing.

I like one the best.. I think it's cute..

I was wondering why it said photomatix all over the picture. I thought to myself.. Now that is strange, why would he do that.. Then I went back and read.. he he..

Cute? Ohh Jeez:grumpy:

As for the first picture being on the ground, yes my camera was about a foot off the ground and I was having to kneel down without getting my pants muddy. For number 3 capturing the ground building and sky, If you notice I mentioned I used a 10-20mm lens, That was at about 10-12mm. I was about 10'-15' from the stairs.

#4 I was lucky it was empty, although at the other far end there was one guy studying, thats the Reading room at the Library, amazing room. I will be straightening the pictures up in the next day, just wanted to get them posted.

Is there any other program than Photomatix I should check out?

1- I like the composition alot on this one, great choice. However I dont like the processing. Part of the house in back is light, the other is dark. Light and shadows are uneven

2-3 do not seem like shots that are candidates for HDR. HDR is a tool to be used at the right time. Everything just seems bright. #2's sky is more white than anything, which is usually something you use HDR software to avoid having in the first place. Neither 2 or 3 has an interesting composition, they are tilted (as you mentionned), lack depth and have boring skies.

4- Seems like you had pretty much even light in this place, so why the HDR? The window at the far end is still very bright and too small to see any detail. the processing here is a bit more even than in #1

The other set of images also seem badly processed. Seems that you tried to push the processint to show something that isn't there, mainly the sky.

Are you actually bracketing shots at varying levels (not just -2,0,+2) or working with the same raw?

2-3 Everything just seems bright. #2's sky is more white than anything

4- Seems like you had pretty much even light in this place, so why the HDR?

Are you actually bracketing shots at varying levels (not just -2,0,+2) or working with the same raw?

The whole day was cloudy, didnt see the sun once. that might explain the white sky.
#4, I have not messed with original yet, it might look better.
I am using the bracketing settings on the camera, it shoots 3 shots consecutively at those settings.

I do like #1, but as mentioned the post editing doesn't do much for me. I would try a couple of different ideas and see what you come up with. I also think the foot on the right side of the frame is too close to the edge. But overall I do like the perspective.

You also have an for landscape photography, I wish I did! :) I like several of your other pics as well, but 1 really stands out to me.

You also have an for landscape photography

I assume you left out a word there. eye possibly? whatever it is, thanks, I am going to mess with the first one as well, I was anxious to see how the auto bracketing turned out last night before I called it a night.
Here is the Reading Room with some mild editing, might still be tilted a bit, might have done too much contrast, but I am on my work computer at home, and the screen sucks, I think I like the HDR style one better, alot warmer
IMG_89871.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back