Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The neighbourhood owl, "Daylight Dave" so-called because he can be heard hooting all day long...
Daylight_Dave.jpg

Great shot! Looks good, but maybe a touch soft? Have you checked your lens for backfocus? Judging by the branch it might need a slight tune? Might just be web compression..

Huh... you're right; I missed that. I'm hoping it was just bad focus on my part; I'll have to check that. Thanks!

Well captured, I like the composition of the background, nice bokeh with the mix of blues and greens

Nice shot. I'd love to be able to get a photo of an owl, but the screech owl that frequents my yard, only comes around at 2:30am

Pretty guy! The background really emphasizes that he's out during the daytime to.

Well captured, I like the composition of the background, nice bokeh with the mix of blues and greens
Thanks!

Nice shot. I'd love to be able to get a photo of an owl, but the screech owl that frequents my yard, only comes around at 2:30am
Different union?

Really nice shot, and a daylight owl whoooooo would have thunk it.
Whooooooooooooo indeed?

Nice! Is this a Barred Owl?
He is.

Pretty guy! The background really emphasizes that he's out during the daytime to.
He's very personable too; he sits there and watches you, nothing seems to phase him, but he generally only sits still for a couple of pictures. I wonder if he wants scale?

If I hadn't missed the ****ing focus, I would be quite pleased with this shot...

Nice, John! I only see owls when I am without a camera.

Great shot! Like everyone else said, a little soft, but still a great shot!

What they said ;)
Dave is awesome! Hope we get to see more shots of him, I can live vicariously through you since our owls are still elusive at this point ;) lol

Then go out at 2:30am? Fast glass, jack up your ISO, you can probably get something. And if you can line up a good shot, all for nothing, use flash.

Then go out at 2:30am? Fast glass, jack up your ISO, you can probably get something. And if you can line up a good shot, all for nothing, use flash.

:lol: I don't go out in my yard after dark - too many critters, some of them smelly, wandering thru looking for a meal. Besides, my old bones take some limbering up before they'll move at that hour of the night\morning.

Most reactions

Back