"dead" feet w/ tag

Skyeg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
a teacher at my school asked me to take photo of some "dead looking" feet for some project he is doing with his class. all he said was to make it "contrasty" and "kinda creepy" if i could. he didnt give me much of an idea of what he wanted so this is what i ended up with after my frist try. what do you think needs to be differnt in my final photo?

ViewImage.dll

what did i do wrong with that link?

You didn't post the photo, you posted a link to the page that contains the photo. It appears the site uses some coding to prevent the actual image location from showing up.

thats what i did, and iv done it befor from that site.

i just tried with snap fish and it did the same thing :(

Don't know what you mean I see the photo perfectly fine, now to the critique.

First of al WOW looks like a photo for a news paper or something, the contrast between the two feet is erie, Something isn't right with the feet because they look fake, I find the photo overall too grainy wich gives the impresion of a photo for a newspaper, the angle (wich isn't there) makes the photo even more in your face, you don't even try to bother lookin in the background your sight always goes to the feet. I personally would try to get less grain, cause it gives me the feeling that the pic was taken just for the sake of it (not really thought out) exactly like pics taken for a news paper wich the most important thing is to see the subject and the details of the picture aren't really that important. its just my opinion, but if you ment it to look like point and shoot then you hit the spot quite right.

Wow. Well, that's definitely creepy. I'd just get a little more light on the foot that's on the right so it stands out from the background more, but other than that, I think it delivers what he said he's looking for in spades. It looks just like something you'd see in an old magazine article.

I really likle the contrast and think you did an excellent job of getting the feet to look like you described. I agree that there is a lot of grain in the background (above and inbetween the feet), but I dont think it destroys the image, if anything it adds to the creepiness of image. The tag is really blown out, I'd say try burning it in a little bit (unless the tag is all white then you're fine.) and perhaps a little lighter on the right foot, but thats a preference call.

Well I have to disagree with cuervo, I frickin' love all the grain, it's gorgeous. It is very creepy and very contrasty, but I think just a tad too much perhaps. The foot on the left is just a little too blown out. Mark said the right foot, which would be the foot on the left, so I think we mean the same thing? Oh no, I see what he means now. On the way right the edge of the foot blends with the background. Yeah, that could use more definition.

Great job; very creepy and dead looking. As has been mentioned: a little more light on the foot to the right (maybe dodging would work), and burn in the tag and lower left corner some more. They are too bright.

thanks everyone :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back