DEAD SHIPS

Ramiro Orensanz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i was going to go to a very beautiful cemetery yesterday and take some shots as i said in another thread, but since the weather is freakin horrible (hellish warmth and tropical sort like storm) i didnt go anywere but my computer..... so im posting some pics i took the other day........ of another cemetery....... but it is not a common cemetery........no men are buried there............ "others" wait beyond the grave........ muahahahahhaha!!!:fangs:

okay i know, the joke´s over... so, i went to the docks and took some shots of the "dead ships" that lie there, they´re really inspiring......... have a look!

barcos6.jpg

barcos7.jpg

barcos5.jpg

barcos2.jpg

barcos8.jpg

barcosurreal.jpg

this was my favourite ship, can you see the grass growing on it? you can notice that its been for a long time there.... i couldnt get a better shot because the cam bateries died while i was looking for a better angle......

lobos12.jpg

a male colony of sea lions also inhabit this dreaded cemetery.......

barcos9.jpg

can you see the crew of this ship? sealions usually rest on them......

puerto2.jpg

these are the "living" ones of the docks

well that´s all folks, thank you very much for looking!

Looks like a fantastic spot to explore and take pics. Veritable goldmine of a cemetery :D Like the third one. mebbe number your pics when you post many...easier for commenting. ;)
TFS

Wow..that is just amazing. I can imagine the history behind all these ships. NIce captures.

thanks for the tip Jonk! i´ll try to edit it now........ JonMikal, i also wonder about the things this ships have seen...... you know, for many years the local council has been planing to remove them from the docks, they say that they dont help as a turistic atraction.... i happen to think the other way round, they look so beautiful and mysterious there! it could be a historical patrimony.... (patrimony? is it spelled correctly?)

Ramiro Orensanz said:
thanks for the tip Jonk! i´ll try to edit it now........ JonMikal, i also wonder about the things this ships have seen...... you know, for many years the local council has been planing to remove them from the docks, they say that they dont help as a turistic atraction.... i happen to think the other way round, they look so beautiful and mysterious there! it could be a historical patrimony.... (patrimony? is it spelled correctly?)

i completely agree! they should capitalize on their condition and draw attention to them through revitalization efforts. walkways....parks...etc. now you have a project ;) dig up a little history on these ships....establish significance and carry it before your local council :thumbup:

oh, i almost forgot, make sure you have a few influential people on your side :D

This does look like a great place to shoot photos! I can't stop looking at these old ships - the rust, the water.....wow!

And if you go back there, see if a friendly sea lion will let you take his picture..... :) I wouldn't be able to resist getting a portrait or two. ;)

Nice stuff.

thank you all for the comments!

yummifruitbat: yeah its really amazing that the colony established right in the middle of the docks, so far there are more than 800 sealions there...... you gotta see them swimming between and along with the fishermen´s ships! its unbelievable how the get so well with us men..... sometimes they lay right in the middle of the dock´s streets and walkways......

JonMikal: thank you, you sure gave me an asewome project! im very glad that the local council and politicians never concret a proyect on time (sometimes they dont do it at all!!), there´s such bad organization here....... so i think the dead ships will be in the same place for the next years too :lol:..... but of course it would be incredible to restore that part of the docks to make it a nice turistic spot..... turism is the primary economical activity of Mar del Plata, along with fishing...... and it isnt a small city.... more than 600.000 people i think...... i will continue to investigate the history of the dead ships....

looking back to the pictures now i must say that im not very pleased with the results.... i think i could have taken much better photos, besides that place really deserves a wonderful photographic documentation..... the combination of the fishing industry, turism, a natural sealion reserve, and the old ships cemetery its just amazing...... so i´ll go back there someday, hopefully before new year and try to make a better photo serie..... and of course i´ll take a portrait of a friendly sealion terri ;)

great series here - the "dead ships" make me feel sad. thanks for sharing them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back