Dead vehicles (2 pics)

DScience

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been trying to get out as much as possible and shoot! I just love it so much! There is this haunted house that goes on every October, and it's on this semi large piece of land which the people also live on. They have some really cool looking antique type stuff...here are two that I took.

Please C&C on exposure as well as clarity/sharpness of the pictures....(DOF?)

3464076149_a07ccf794c.jpg

3464971632_425824e174.jpg

Hey Dscience congrats with your camera!

I'm not sure what to say about the first one other than the good clarity, but I like the perspective in the second! I was wondering what's going on in the top right near the steering wheel, is that some grass in the way of the lens or something? It looked like bubble graffiti for a moment!

What post processing did you do? There are halos around both of your subjects like some HDR's have.

it's a branch from a tree...i tried to prevent it from entering the frame, but it was just too much in the way...oh well

What post processing did you do? There are halos around both of your subjects like some HDR's have.

I noticed that too!

I use Aperture for PP...I have used Photoshop for years and was using CS3, but found that Aperture is by far my favorite for all photography including file management. It has a few settings for photo adjustments very handy compared to PS who is meant for extreme commercial use. Aperture is purely for photography.

I think the halo's appeared when I changed the 'high tonal width' setting in Aperture, which amplifies the blue sky, as it was very dull from the sun being behind me.

I noticed that too!

I use Aperture for PP...I have used Photoshop for years and was using CS3, but found that Aperture is by far my favorite for all photography including file management. It has a few settings for photo adjustments very handy compared to PS who is meant for extreme commercial use. Aperture is purely for photography.

I upgraded to CS4 from CS2, but I find that Bridge, Camera Raw and Photoshop are an extremely useful tool for any photographer and are easy to use when you figure them out. I don't know the features of CS3 and I haven't used Aperture, but I couldn't live without CS4.

Aside from the halos, the photos are pretty nice. You have a pretty deep DOF, so if you were trying to achieve that, then well done. If you shot with a shallow DOF, I don't know what you would've used as a focal point as these probably look better more in focus than not. These old subjects always make good photos though.

Hey DScience!

I love seeing pictures of old, forgotten machinery...

#1 makes me want to see more! I really like it, especially the colors on the back of the pickup.

#2 the only thing that distracts me (and I know you probably didn't have MUCH control over it) is the grass in the foreground and the already mentioned wisp near the steering wheel. I also would have liked to have seen all of the steering wheel and exhaust stack.

Did you get any shots of the fronts of the vehicles? Both of them are the same angle and it would be cool to see what else is going on with these! Good job though!

How long have you had your D60? I think I've got the bug about like you do :p

Did you get any shots of the fronts of the vehicles? Both of them are the same angle and it would be cool to see what else is going on with these! Good job though!

No, the reason I took the pictures from this angle is because the sun was about 20 minutes from going below the horizon, and there was not enough light to take shots from the front...maybe on a nicer day :)

How long have you had your D60? I think I've got the bug about like you do :p
I purchased the camera a little less than two weeks ago...very happy with it!

No, the reason I took the pictures from this angle is because the sun was about 20 minutes from going below the horizon, and there was not enough light to take shots from the front...maybe on a nicer day :)

I purchased the camera a little less than two weeks ago...very happy with it!

Ah, understood. I battle with the sun constantly myself lol.

You've had your d60 almost exactly as long as I've had my d40. Happy shooting and thanks for sharing, I love these.

hehe isn't it such a fun hobby?!?!?!

Most reactions

Back