Dear Discovery Channel... F*** You

runnah

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How dare you open Shark Week with a FAKE documentary played off as a real documentary.

Science and nature are so exciting and interesting that its downright insulting to pander to those folks that shudder at the idea of learning something.

Rant over.

P.s. live every week like its shark week.

I blame too many arts graduates in the media. But in general I've become quite disenchanted with these channels.

I blame too many arts graduates in the media. But in general I've become quite disenchanted with these channels.

My point is that there's so much cool stuff out there, why make it up?

Just be yourself discovery channel, you don't have to lie to get people to like you.

Oh I TOTALLY agree with you! I was irritated enough by the megalodon show last night to post a comment on their website, which is something I never do. Seems like I wasn't the only one, either, because I read this article (one of several) just now called "Internet Officially Mad at Discovery": Internet Officially Mad at Shark Week for Airing a Fake Megalodon Documentary | Geekosystem

Sadly, the only entertaining part of Shark Week so far has been reading the online comments about their programming. Makes me want to go watch Sharknado instead.

Oh I TOTALLY agree with you! I was irritated enough by the megalodon show last night to post a comment on their website, which is something I never do. Seems like I wasn't the only one, either, because I read this article (one of several) just now called "Internet Officially Mad at Discovery": Internet Officially Mad at Shark Week for Airing a Fake Megalodon Documentary | Geekosystem

Sadly, the only entertaining part of Shark Week so far has been reading the online comments about their programming. Makes me want to go watch Sharknado instead.

Lol good article.

Yeah crying shame that facts have been deemed boring by a channel that sells itself as a educational channel.

Don't get me started on "The Learning Channel". The only thing I've learned so far is that sterilization might not be a bad idea for most of the country.

You didn't cook it?
Wow - that's not geeky but the action of a real man.

I passed it over a fire a few times to kill some of the weaker parasites and let my cast iron constitution deal with the stronger ones.

What's even more scary, is the fact some folks didn't catch on that it was a mockumentary. . .like that mermaid thingy that Animal Planet did.

Which show, specifically, has your gills in an uproar?

What's even more scary, is the fact some folks didn't catch on that it was a mockumentary. . .like that mermaid thingy that Animal Planet did.

Yeah that is the truly frightening part.

"Oh the magic box said its true so it must be true! I will never question you magic box!"

How dare you open Shark Week with a FAKE documentary played off as a real documentary.

Science and nature are so exciting and interesting that its downright insulting to pander to those folks that shudder at the idea of learning something.

Rant over.

P.s. live every week like its shark week.

Which show, specifically, has your gills in an uproar?

I would guess it was the opening show, Megalodon is back, or something to that effect.

Yeah that is the truly frightening part.

"Oh the magic box said its true so it must be true! I will never question you magic box!"

When that damn mermaid crap came out, I got an email, a very concerning email, asking if I had happend to see the show and how amazing it was. . . it was from my mother. I am still unsure if she was trying to have a go with me, or if she was serious. . . :(

Lol good article.

Yeah crying shame that facts have been deemed boring by a channel that sells itself as a educational channel.

Don't get me started on "The Learning Channel". The only thing I've learned so far is that sterilization might not be a bad idea for most of the country.

Yep, I agree on the Learning Channel for sure. Especially the sterilization part!

Actually most of the "educational" channels these days are not terribly educational. Sad to see.

Most reactions

Back