Dear Discovery Channel... F*** You

What's even more scary, is the fact some folks didn't catch on that it was a mockumentary. . .like that mermaid thingy that Animal Planet did.

Yeah that is the truly frightening part.

"Oh the magic box said its true so it must be true! I will never question you magic box!"

When that damn mermaid crap came out, I got an email, a very concerning email, asking if I had happend to see the show and how amazing it was. . . it was from my mother. I am still unsure if she was trying to have a go with me, or if she was serious. . . :(

I am expecting a similar response from some family members after the megolodon show, since both my husband and I are scuba divers. Seriously, Discovery sucks for putting that show out there as "fact"!

Actually most of the "educational" channels these days are not terribly educational. Sad to see.

Agreed, it's disgusting imo. Why is "Honey Boo-Boo" on TLC? Why is that crap on tv anyways? Ugh, makes my skin crawl.

I did however turn on the History channel today, and it was a pretty cool doc on WWII, and not some picker, alien, pawn or Larry the Cable guy stuff.

I am expecting a similar response from some family members after the megolodon show, since both my husband and I are scuba divers. Seriously, Discovery sucks for putting that show out there as "fact"!

Today my boss was talking about the show and was all convinced it was real. I am thinking of quitting.

Agreed, it's disgusting imo. Why is "Honey Boo-Boo" on TLC? Why is that crap on tv anyways? Ugh, makes my skin crawl.

I did however turn on the History channel today, and it was a pretty cool doc on WWII, and not some picker, alien, pawn or Larry the Cable guy stuff.

I swear the history channel execs are working furiously on a show about how hitler was an alien sent down to build pyramids and hunt ghosts.

They ruin everything with BS.

Actually most of the "educational" channels these days are not terribly educational. Sad to see.

Yeah, sometimes the history channel actually comes up with some good stuff. But please don't get me started on the Larry the Cable guy stuff, I hated that movie and the Medieval Times scene in it was filmed in the Toronto Medieval Times, where I happened to run their photo department...Ugh.

I swear the history channel execs are working furiously on a show about how hitler was an alien sent down to build pyramids and hunt ghosts.

I think they already did that show, didn't they? (Not kidding)

I think they already did that show, didn't they? (Not kidding)

You are thinking of the show where Stalin opened up a pawn shop in space.

So turn off the stupid (in the sense that stupid is a verb) boxes, and pick up a book for a change! ;)

I read books & lots of them.

That is not related to my expression of dislike towards the fictional show that represented itself as a documentary on an "educational" tv channel.

So turn off the stupid (in the sense that stupid is a verb) boxes, and pick up a book for a change! ;)

Nice try alien Churchill!

Discovery channel messing with Shark Week? Is nothing sacred?

FWIW, I read a lot.

This wouldn't surprise me. As an actual scientist, I remember fondly the days when the Science channel, TLC, History, and Discovery actually showed real documentaries. Now they've all succumbed to the "reality TV" bandwagon. Cheap crap. Its actually impossible to find anything educational on before 10pm.

Most reactions

Back