Dear Discovery Channel... F*** You

Im furious...I watched this whole thing. I am pissed.

Im furious...I watched this whole thing. I am pissed.

Well, for the time being, we still have National Geographic channel. When that goes, I'm selling the TV, buying a RED ONE, and starting my own channel.

Wtf again?!!!!

Agreed, it's disgusting imo. Why is "Honey Boo-Boo" on TLC? Why is that crap on tv anyways? Ugh, makes my skin crawl.

I did however turn on the History channel today, and it was a pretty cool doc on WWII, and not some picker, alien, pawn or Larry the Cable guy stuff.

I swear the history channel execs are working furiously on a show about how hitler was an alien sent down to build pyramids and hunt ghosts.

This wouldn't surprise me. As an actual scientist, I remember fondly the days when the Science channel, TLC, History, and Discovery actually showed real documentaries. Now they've all succumbed to the "reality TV" bandwagon. Cheap crap. Its actually impossible to find anything educational on before 10pm.
Yeah, like that "documentary" (mockumentary?) they had a while back about mermaids - the one that everyone thought was real, lol (because The Discovery Channel, a once reputable name, implied that it was real). I don't even have cable anymore, there's so little worth watching that it's just not worth paying for all of the crap just to watch two or three good shows.

You're complaining... about the discovery channel.

This is like getting annoyed at a Friendly's restaurant for having dirty bathrooms.

You're complaining... about the discovery channel. This is like getting annoyed at a Friendly's restaurant for having dirty bathrooms.

I liken it more to the super hot girl in high school you had a major crush on. Slowly over the years she put of a few pounds but you didn't care. Then she started drinking a bit more than she used to but you accepted it. Now she is a full blown whore who will do anything for money and any shred of dignity has been torn away.

you mean mermaids aren't real either?
You wouldn't believe how many people at work were talking about it - how the government is suppressing information about mermaids, killing them, etc... And these were people with security clearances, they've been "investigated" by the DSS, FBI, and others - lol.

Leadership

Discovery's leadership is dedicated to upholding the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct, and to fulfilling the original mission spelled out by Chairman and Founder John Hendricks in 1982:

"To satisfy curiosity and make a difference in people's lives by providing the highest quality content, services and products that entertain, engage and enlighten."

Leadership : Discovery Communications

Leadership

Discovery's leadership is dedicated to upholding the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct, and to fulfilling the original mission spelled out by Chairman and Founder John Hendricks in 1982:

"To satisfy curiosity and make a difference in people's lives by providing the highest quality content, services and products that entertain, engage and enlighten."

Leadership : Discovery Communications
I notice that "enlighten" is the last quality they address. Their programming probably does live up to their motto - entertainment before enlightenment.

I guarantee you, 47% of viewers bought it hook, line and sinker. Amazing, but not surprising.

You're complaining... about the discovery channel. This is like getting annoyed at a Friendly's restaurant for having dirty bathrooms.

I liken it more to the super hot girl in high school you had a major crush on. Slowly over the years she put of a few pounds but you didn't care. Then she started drinking a bit more than she used to but you accepted it. Now she is a full blown whore who will do anything for money and any shred of dignity has been torn away.

Ok, so what does my ex-wife have to do with this exactly?

Ok, so read through the whole article and the comments at the end. I guess I've been out of the loop for a while but I'm kind of curious, when did Wil Wheaton become the official spokesnerd?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back