Village Idiot

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Tu eres mas oober!

1028871757_UTPPA-L.jpg

Last edited:
Niceee pic! You know it was an accidental shot and not a planned one :greenpbl: :lmao:
Ok, lets see, I would have the cars a little more closer, by maybe 1 foot, also tha Audi should have had the left turn signal on cuz they look like they're turning left....too much reflection on the front windshield of the VW... It would have been cooler if someone was sticking out from the passenger's side from the VW flicking off the the guy in the Audi :thumbup:

Ok ok I'm just messing w/ you. Great shot man! Was this on a parking lot of a church?

The background ruins it... its only what, 100' away from the cars. It looks like the cars are going 150mph, but after you look at the background and realize they only went 50', they can't be going much more than 30. Kinda like watching someone give a speach off of a teleprompter. Sounds fine and dandy... but we all know you are making it up.

Would have been believable to see that done on open road.

Niceee pic! You know it was an accidental shot and not a planned one :greenpbl: :lmao:
Ok, lets see, I would have the cars a little more closer, by maybe 1 foot, also tha Audi should have had the left turn signal on cuz they look like they're turning left....too much reflection on the front windshield of the VW... It would have been cooler if someone was sticking out from the passenger's side from the VW flicking off the the guy in the Audi :thumbup:

Ok ok I'm just messing w/ you. Great shot man! Was this on a parking lot of a church?

I need a longer boom arm for my rig. The current one is 96" and I have another 48" extension, but it's so heavy. I'd like to build a lights collapsible 14' boom arm. I had it out as far as I could with the 15mm fish on it and the Audi hanging back so I could get everthing in the shot. It's even turned toward the R32 a bit and that really kills it.

The Audi had the parking lights on. There was no way to drive the car without those on because of that VAG safety features. All the different color lighting works against it.

The background ruins it... its only what, 100' away from the cars. It looks like the cars are going 150mph, but after you look at the background and realize they only went 50', they can't be going much more than 30. Kinda like watching someone give a speach off of a teleprompter. Sounds fine and dandy... but we all know you are making it up.

Would have been believable to see that done on open road.

Actually, the cars are going less than 5mph. Rolling shots that I normally see are typically done at about 50-60mph. I definitely don't think they look like they're going that fast. You are talking about two awd cars with power that can launch pretty good.

It isn't oober - uber. Oober means "I am gay", so you said "I am more gay".....cool.

Neat! I share the thoughts about the background spoiling the effect, but the main method is working great so its just a refinement of a working model from there on! Not as sure about the large lights in the background though - the one on the right kind of works in the scene you have it in, but the left one has that more accidental/distracting element to it.

Be interesting to see which way you take this method and what comes out of it - :)
Just do remember to be kind to the moths!

Actually, the cars are going less than 5mph. Rolling shots that I normally see are typically done at about 50-60mph. I definitely don't think they look like they're going that fast. You are talking about two awd cars with power that can launch pretty good.

Yeah, dude, they look like they're going super fast cuz you have the little body roll on the Audi, but even at 5mph with the camera traveling, it can look that way.

Curious question for those in the know (Because I don't shoot cars/other fast shiny things) do the reflections on the body of the vehicle also go into motion blur in this type of photography or are they static? Just something that seems odd to me on the bodywork of the car when placed next to the blurred ground is the static view of the light points over the body - I might be inventing this aspect, I'm not sure - like I said its something that I've never "looked for" before.

It isn't oober - uber. Oober means "I am gay", so you said "I am more gay".....cool.

Damn. I need to check Urban Dictionary more often. :er:

Neat! I share the thoughts about the background spoiling the effect, but the main method is working great so its just a refinement of a working model from there on! Not as sure about the large lights in the background though - the one on the right kind of works in the scene you have it in, but the left one has that more accidental/distracting element to it.

Be interesting to see which way you take this method and what comes out of it - :)
Just do remember to be kind to the moths!

I need ND filters and such and then no more night time rig shots. I should really do some this weekend since there's a big VW meet at a big state park that's nothing but twisting mountain curves.

Curious question for those in the know (Because I don't shoot cars/other fast shiny things) do the reflections on the body of the vehicle also go into motion blur in this type of photography or are they static? Just something that seems odd to me on the bodywork of the car when placed next to the blurred ground is the static view of the light points over the body - I might be inventing this aspect, I'm not sure - like I said its something that I've never "looked for" before.

The reflections will blur. I had these exposures at 1 second or quicker, so it minimized them. Plus the distance and angle of the light being reflected matters. Something like a large overhead light in the parking lot that's not directly over top of the car will not be as noticeable as say, a light that's close to the paint where the angle of the reflection drastically changes from the beginning of the exposure to the end.

love it dude!
rides look badass...id also like to see it without a church in the BG...but im really diggin it man. very cool.
this pic doesnt even need any ****ing wings, man.

Most reactions

Back