Deathshead and a giant hisser

tpe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.scientificillustration.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These things are sold as food at the local pet shot, not really my taste for dinner.

deathshead1.jpg

deathshead2.jpg

hissinggiant.jpg

They were shot with a very old 28mm f2:8 minolta and a 13mm extention tube. I am still trying to get some kind of depth to usually flat macro shots by using a wider angle, but it sure does cause some problems.

Thanks for looking

tim

yummy :)

I love insect macros as a general rule!

i wonder, fi for the last one you could have done anything against those reflections?

Thanks, yes those reflections are horrid, i am trying to make a fiber optic flash attachment out of an old kiddies lamp to get some light in from the front, and use with some kind of light box. Those reflections are with a ring flash held to the side as there is not enough room between the lense and the subject to get the flash in :(. Thanks for the comment, spot on.

tim

tim

So this is food for ... whom?
I think you honour them in your photos before they get eaten and I like this aspect. I find the reflection of the ring flash in the first two quite neat, rings on this creepy crawly's eyes (?) --- but in the last it is a bit overwhelming.

And do they still exist today of have they (it) long been dinner for someone?

You have some good shots here, if you want to get rid of those flash reflections you should try cross-polarization flash, here is a tutorial on how to do it.

Corinna, I really wanted to post a pic to show you that they are still alive, i will get there, but now her friend said that they are disgusting my 6 year old daughter wont hold them any more, she said she thought they were cute before?!? :). I will get her to hold them some time if it takes the rest of their lives, and now they have been sort of adopted as pets, even though she says she wont hold them, and with a several year life span they may be around for some time :(, bo hoooo :(.

Rene brilliant idea, I will definatly have to try that, asap. It looks like the answer to something that has been annoying me for some time.

Tim

Most reactions

New Topics

Back