Debating between Nikon D60 and Canon XTi...pros/cons? the better buy?

dan.rpo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hey all. new to the forum. and to digital photo. i am currently in a film photo class, and i have taken some pretty nice shots with my P&S over the last couple years, so ive saved up for a DSLR...i have narrowed it down between a Nikon D60 and a Canon Rebel XTi...can i have some suggestions on which is the better buy? what are the pros and cons? some of that type of information would be helpful before my buy...thanks!

If you have camera experience then the best thing to choose is to look at hte range of lenses on offer from Canon and Nikon and decide with offer the best quality, range and price for you.
Bodies (especially at the low end) have hardly anydifference at all, and give it a few years and things can change around a heck of a lot. Lenses though are different- more long term and more direct in how they affect what you can get with a camera.

Also go and hold the cameras in a shop - erganomics also plays a big part

Try the search function on this very forum. This question has been asked many times (here, here and here for example)
Alternatively, a much better buy could be the Pentax K200D.

both kit lenses are 18-55mm...and i will be sticking with that kit lens for a long ways to come. i dont plan on buying a higher end lens for a while. so they are both the same lens wise.

well if you are not planning on taking advantage of the interchangable lenses any time soon then its really down to which one feels better in your hands.

both kit lenses are 18-55mm...and i will be sticking with that kit lens for a long ways to come. i dont plan on buying a higher end lens for a while. so they are both the same lens wise.

Reviews tend to say that the Nikon is slightly better than the Canon and that they are both rubbish compared to the Pentax and Olympus corresponding kit lenses.

Most reactions

Back