Debating on Location for Rocker Chick shoot

Revan46

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.seanprevil.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So another of my friends is doing a shoot with me (btw I'll post a few shots from the couple's shoot shortly) on Tuesday. It's going to be a rocker chick type of shoot but I'm debating on location. We're doing it at 5:30 which I realize might be an odd time for it lol. Time aside, I don't know whether I should do a contrasting location like a riverfront for example to go with a rocker chick type of look, or I should look for something more rocker-ish. I don't really know a LOT of places though as I'm not a big bar person (though maybe she might know) but same time obviously that would cause a low light situation. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

meaning flash. As for the location, without knowing where you are, what sort of images she wants, etc, it's virtually impossible to give meaningful location suggestions. I would say that unless you were shooting for a very specific look, then shoot at least two different locations, but this sort of thing is what you generally discuss at your pre-shoot consult. The plan will probably change of course, but at least you will start with one.

Where's the best graffiti in town? A microphone and a couple of guitarists in front of such a wall would be good for several shots. Grungy buildings are good. If you can get a couple of other 'musician' types the old abby road cover shot is good, although you might want to shoot from one side rather than horizontally.

Under bridges, not in a bar but at the back door (especially if you can find one that has stage entrance stenciled on it. If you can find a bar with a longish line then having a bouncer type motioning her to cut in front of it would be good.

And on and on..

We have a few possible places. However it's forecasting 70% chance of rain so...any tips for the rain aspect. I'm going to have a make-up/hair person and a person to also hold an umbrella so that part I'm okay. I may use manual focus so it doesn't focus on a rain drop. :p But other suggestions?

So another of my friends is doing a shoot with me (btw I'll post a few shots from the couple's shoot shortly) on Tuesday. It's going to be a rocker chick type of shoot but I'm debating on location. We're doing it at 5:30 which I realize might be an odd time for it lol. Time aside, I don't know whether I should do a contrasting location like a riverfront for example to go with a rocker chick type of look, or I should look for something more rocker-ish. I don't really know a LOT of places though as I'm not a big bar person (though maybe she might know) but same time obviously that would cause a low light situation. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ask the chick. We dont live in your area. How would we know bro?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back