TwistMyArm

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.darn.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone,

We've decided to introduce an important new requirement for submissions. Please read the following:

From now on all submitted photos must include a form that needs to be completed. Just copy and paste it into your email. This will ensure that no mistakes are made when photos are submitted and therefore, hopefully, no photos are excluded. If the form is not included in the submission email the photo will not be included in the challenge gallery and voting process.

ThePhotoForum.com Username:
Photo Title (optional):
Is the photo 150KB or less? Y/N
Is the photo a jpeg? Y/N
Has this photo been posted before? Y/N
Please submit only one photo per challenge.

Alright now onto the actual theme for the December challenge. This month's theme will be "Liquid". Hopefully we'll get another 40 plus photos again this month.

It is also recommended that you read all of the photo challenge rules before submitting:

- The deadline for submissions is December 31st
- The image should be NO larger then 150KB
- Include your forum username when submitting
- The submitted photo must be in the form of a jpeg
- Please keep your photo anonymous (no distinguishing watermarks, and no photos that have been posted previously on the forum)
- Submit no more then one photo
- If you wish you may include a title when submitting your photo
Please email your photo to [email protected].

Good luck to everyone and have fun with this challenge!

oooo, I was just hoping to enter one of these... nows my chance... best get shooting.... when you say no watermarks etc, does that include a little copyright in the bottom right corner of the border?... we are allowed to put borders?... i ask because ive never entered a tpf challenge and i would so like to :D

warmest regards, Shaun

Couple of questions.

When does the voteing start?

Who is involved in the final pic? Forum members only?

Is it possible for people to vote for photos more than once?

Can they vote for their own photo more than once?

The reason I ask is I've seen photo contests where by simply viewing there own photo they were adding a vote each time. Which makes it ....not a contest but rather how many time can I vote for my own submission.

Photos that were added late never got many votes even though some were very good they didn't stand a chance.

No distinguishing watermarks. So you couldn't put anything on it that would identify it as being your work, such as your name, or a mark you always used. I guess just a copyright symbol would be OK...

Voting starts end of month and is only for members, so each person can only vote once, not for their own work - but I don't know if it's technically impossible to vote for your own becuase I didn't try!

In theory, you can vote for your own submission, but really, I mean...... :roll:!!! :scratch:
And only once... I mean, in general you can vote only once at all, so if you decide in favour of your own work you might later like someone else's work much, much better but can no longer vote. So voting in this challenge is something that you should really, really do with care.

You mean you have already submitted your photo for the DECEMBER-challenge on "Liquid"? Then you sent it to TwistMyArm... he gets them. I don't. And you will have to wait until early January before they will be put up for voting. Currently voting is on for the November-challenge on "Close-up". You might want to go and vote for one photo in that challenge, too?

Silly question. Now... if the photo is say.. a little over 150KB How do I.. downsize it without loosing the quality? :D Oh.. and can the submissions be made through our email on this site or a seperate one?

peanuts ~ what image quality do you normally save your images as?

Oy. I have sent my submission in already but I should have thought about changing the saving quality. :confused: Why didn't I think of that?

Now, hopefully this isn't too 'demanding'. Just out of curiousity, has there been thought of possibly being able to email a conformation that a photo submission has successfuly been received. If this is too cumbersome, I entirely understand. Just a quick thought :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back