• dec08photo44

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • dec08photo45

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • dec08photo46

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
whats the january challenge? has it posted yet?

So if there is a tie, what happens?

-Nick

Then I win by default.

Granted, I don't actually have an entry, but I win anyway.

I know, it's a weird technicality, but rules are rules. :)

Thanks folks. The tie breaker is currently being decided by the moderators so we will announce the winner in the next day or two. Thanks for your patience.

Then I win by default.

Granted, I don't actually have an entry, but I win anyway.

I know, it's a weird technicality, but rules are rules. :)

I like your attitude. You're my kind of person! Funny though, after reading the rules, I did find the technicality you mentioned. It also states upon your winning, you must submit $50 to me. Also quite wierd, huh?

-Nick :D

^^^ *chuckle*

While none of these photographs are mine, I feel the people have spoken. Give the win to both. Its not as though one is clearly better than the other. Both should win.

Unless we haven't counted the votes from Florida yet? :lol:

Otherwise, come on moderators, give them both the win.

-Nick

I agree Nick, they were both great photos. However we, the moderators, have made a decision and that is that dec08photo18 - Kurvor is the winner. Photo 18 was submitted by lanceusa. However we are also proud to announce Photo 17 - Red Vertigo as a very deserving runner up. Red Vertigo was submitted by thereforeiamx.

Congrats to both of you and thanks for your patience.

December '08 Challenge Winner
dec08photo18 - Kurvor
Submitted by lanceusa
96-dec08photo18-Kurvor.jpg

December '08 Runner Up
dec08photo17 - Red Vertigo
Submitted by thereforeiamx
96-dec08photo17-redvertigo.jpg

Now if Lanceusa and thereforeiamx will excuse me for one minute I do have another announcement to make.

First of all I just want to say thank you to everyone who has participated in the challenge not only this month, but to everyone who has ever participated in the challenge. I have a special appreciation for those members who never fail to impress me with both their skill and dedication each and every month. Thank you.

So I am stepping down as moderator of the Photo Challenge, but there will be someone who is taking over. Chris of Arabia will soon be taking over as the Photo Challenge moderator. For those of you who were wondering why there was no January challenge it was simply due to the fact that we needed some time to transition Chris into the roll. We are currently working to improve upon the challenge and hope to have it back up and rolling for a February challenge.

So congrats again to Lanceusa and thereforeiamx for their wins this month. And thank you to all of you who participated this month. I'm proud of the great group of photos submitted for the Architecture challenge and I'm happy to leave on a high note. Thanks everyone....now please congratulate your winners and welcome Chris to the challenge.

Congrats thereforeiamx. I absolutely love your image...that kind of composition can't be beat! Where was this stairwell? Unfortunately here in Houston I have yet to find something so stunning.

P.S. If anyone wanted to know, my image is of the Enron Building, downtown Houston...yes that Enron! I'm not sure what its being used for now though or who has occupied it. Anytime you go there you'll find some photographer pointing their lens upward. In our recent hurricane it was slightly damaged too as many of the buildings downtown where.

Thanks to all of you who selected my image.

...and good luck Chris on your new appointment.

Regards,
Lance

Congrats thereforeiamx. I absolutely love your image...that kind of composition can't be beat! Where was this stairwell? Unfortunately here in Houston I have yet to find something so stunning.

P.S. If anyone wanted to know, my image is of the Enron Building, downtown Houston...yes that Enron! I'm not sure what its being used for now though or who has occupied it. Anytime you go there you'll find some photographer pointing their lens upward. In our recent hurricane it was slightly damaged too as many of the buildings downtown where.

Thanks to all of you who selected my image.

...and good luck Chris on your new appointment.

Regards,
Lance

ah, it is you, Lance, my competitor whose photo I marveled over. the B+W monochrome really made the reflective windows stand out. in color, the emphasis on the shape/reflection of the beautiful buildings and its surroundings would be lost. Congrats on the win for it was well-deserved and thank you for all who voted and participated. Sad to see TwistMyArm go though; good luck, Chris :)

p.s. The photo was taken in a townhouse on 5th Ave right by Central Park. I did some fishing here and there for small, hidden gems around the city and this spiral staircase has been the best find I've had so far :D

Marie

Dana, I just want to say thank you for all your time and effort organising these challenges. You have done a superlative job.

Be well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back