Decided on which camera as first DSLR, now.. which lenses for long backpacking trips?

The tokina 11-16 would be a great landscape lens for Scotland i would think. You could always pair it with 35mm prime or 18-55 kit lens for normal perspective, you could get either used for pretty cheap around $100.

Is the 18-105mm a decently sharp lens aswell, or is it as good (or bad?) as the 18-200mm? I am asking this because the 18-105 is part of a set that will only cost me 100 euros more over just the body, so unless the lens turns out to be garbage I end up replacing as soon as I have the funds this is somethig I really consider aswell :)

Never used that lens but it seems like a decent lens to start on and decide what focal lens you use the most If you decide you want something more expensive you can always sell it

I wouldn't get a lens unless you have a need for that lens. Like when you out shooting and think "dang, my current lens isn't doing this like I want" then you go and find one that can fill that need. I vote light kit.

I wouldn't get a lens unless you have a need for that lens. Like when you out shooting and think "dang, my current lens isn't doing this like I want" then you go and find one that can fill that need. I vote light kit.

Ok, well I hope you know you are never going to collect the whole set with that attitude young lady.. lol

Most reactions

Back