Decided to shoot around my city

outbreakchicago

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys I'm looking for feed back on these photos I took last night, what are your thoughts?... + and - feedback welcomed.

Attachments

• $image-3170480485.jpg
    $image-3170480485.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 203
  • $image-3704095676.jpg
    $image-3704095676.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 190
  • $image-2333958152.jpg
    $image-2333958152.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 182
  • $image-863643106.jpg
    $image-863643106.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 189
1 and 3 are eye catching to me..wish your logo/watermark isn't in the walkway but It's okay.. I like how the road in the foreground leads me right into the overhang!

If your going to watermark your photos DON'T do it in a way that distracts from the image itself.

Thanks for the feedback guys I will fix that water mark issue. Where is a good spot to usually put the water mark?

wow, amazing shots! Such beautiful colors & details...very nice!

Maybe I’m just too new to the hobby to “get it”, but I can’t for the life of me understand why people tarnish their photos with conspicuous watermarks.

Stepping down off my soapbox, I think the first two are fantastic. The third is nice but not as interesting to my eye as the first two. In the fourth one, the lens distortion is bumming me out.

Where is a good spot to usually put the water mark?

I personally don't like watermarks anywhere on the image, with the exception of putting a signature onto the bottom corner of the image so it looks like a signed print would look. However keep in mind I do fine art landscape photography.

@ Ryan Parker thanks for the compliment. @Cynicaster I only put the water mark because some people tend to take non water marked photos and claim it has their own, I've seen it happen and also if people like the photo and want to know who the photographer is the name is there. @ Light guru funny that you mentioned that because last night when I read the comments you guys left about the Water mark being distracting, I thought to myself what if I sign them like they paintings. Interesting you said that. Thanks again for the advice and feedback.

Only on rare occasions do I see an image selectively colored that I like, and these aren't doing it for me. I also like the tonal control in the last one but the building distortion is too - too distorted.

I personally like the way you got the buildings angled in the last shot!

Most reactions

Back