Deconstructed Landscape Project

Bhoert

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I want to do this for a project but i dont really know a good way of going about this. Has anyone done this previously and have some tips?

I want to do this for a project but i dont really know a good way of going about this. Has anyone done this previously and have some tips?
How do you envision it? You should have some idea of what you want to show, so then just make photographs to show it.

My goal for the project would be to show a more in depth landscape where you see everything individually in their own image versus seeing the landscape as a whole. Im just trying to see what would be the better route to take in this project. I could either "build" my own landscape and make it seem more detailed but out of order/context, or i could almost do a grid version where i take a large landscape and break it down into smaller sections with not as much detail.

You can do pretty much anything you want with software like Photoshop. You separate elements of the scene into layers. You can then move the elements around and control position, color and opacity, etc. Is that what you mean by deconstruct?

I want to do something where I basically "build" a landscape by taking individual photos and combining them, not necessarily photoshop but if thats possible to stitch together multiple photos i may end up doing that

At the end of the article he offers a series of learning sessions at what appears to be a reasonable price. You might start there. I can see his point about Illustrator. Much easier to do something like he does in Illustrator than Photoshop.

So with Photoshop you could do a "Cntrl-N" to create a blank sheet a little bigger than your original - then do select-cut & paste the pieces from your original landscape. You could then move the pieces around any way you wanted in the new one. Than save as tiff so all the pieces stay as layers.

Most reactions

Back