Deep Creek Falls

Not bad for a water falls shot. Do you have one that shows the entire falls as it seems to be made up of a series of smaller falls. Also, I would be very tempted to try a slightly longer exposure to try and give that "milky" appearance to the water. I'm thinking maybe 1/2 to 1 or 2 seconds using a ND filter.

WesternGuy

Not bad for a water falls shot. Do you have one that shows the entire falls as it seems to be made up of a series of smaller falls. Also, I would be very tempted to try a slightly longer exposure to try and give that "milky" appearance to the water. I'm thinking maybe 1/2 to 1 or 2 seconds using a ND filter.

WesternGuy
Nope, I've never seen more than that. These falls are in a pretty narrow canyon, I was actually right up against the other side of it when I shot this. I really would like to explore more of it, but I'm not sure how unless I can get in at the top somewhere. You can't even get into the canyon during some times of the year when there is too much water flowing through it. And it can be pretty tough to do it at any time of the year without getting your feet wet. I'd like to try to make it in there this winter when it's frozen.

I've set a tripod up in there before. It takes a bit of a creativity with leg lengths and angles, but I just forgot it that time. I'm not sure I'd even need to use a ND filter. It's not overly light in there.

WesternGuy
Nope, I've never seen more than that. These falls are in a pretty narrow canyon, I was actually right up against the other side of it when I shot this. I really would like to explore more of it, but I'm not sure how unless I can get in at the top somewhere. You can't even get into the canyon during some times of the year when there is too much water flowing through it. And it can be pretty tough to do it at any time of the year without getting your feet wet. I'd like to try to make it in there this winter when it's frozen.

I've set a tripod up in there before. It takes a bit of a creativity with leg lengths and angles, but I just forgot it that time. I'm not sure I'd even need to use a ND filter. It's not overly light in there.
Thanks for the extra information. Sounds like this one is a real challenge to photograph. I will be interested to see any further images you capture in your exploration of this one.

WesternGuy

Most reactions

Back