Deep RICH Smoooooth Color. Only a few people I have seen master this. Help!

topendprops

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I would like to get Deep RICH Smoooth color such as the photos in these examples. I have tried many different adjustments in lightroom/photoshop and I get decent color, but nothing as crisp and pleasant to the eye as these. Please direct me if you know anything. One of the photographers would only say "Its the color flux algorithm. Its proprietary." .. another has a 'boot camp' that is not currently in the budget.

HD Estates — High Definition Real Estate Photography

Michael James - 850-450-2400 - [email protected]

thanks in advance!

Good exposure. Full frame. Noise removal.

NO, not necessarily! You can definitely do it with a crop sensor!

I am pretty sure they use something like 17mm t/s lens. That is over $2000.

by the way, I am using Nikon D300s with Nikon 10-24mm lens .. 9-exposure bracketing with Enfuse exposure blending.

This is what I have so far.

http://www.topendproperties.com/12r/DSC_3207xxx_3b.jpg

A full-frame is needed for the clarity and sharpness found in the original examples?

No, basically a wide angle lens and knowledge of HDR photography and photoshop and you can do it.

It sounds like you have a fine setup as it is. You don't necessarily need 9 exposures in all situations, but you should be shooting around f/8 or so to maximize sharpness throughout the frame.

Sometimes they take multiple exposure with different WB. One for the window with sun light, one for the fluorescent light, one for tungsten light.. then somehow they merge it like HDR.

Yeah those look like HDR photos to me. With some sharpening and noise reduction. Contrast high with blacks +

here is an image I did similar to this

church photo by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

This is an HDR image.

Make sure when you shoot anything Architectural you shoot it straight on and level to the subject so you don't get Keystoning or other lens aberrations. If you don't have a tilt-shift lens you can also use the lens correction in lightroom

Watch your angles there Skippy!

Camera was level (if I remember correctly) and I just gave it a slight angle to show dimension.

Camera was level (if I remember correctly) and I just gave it a slight angle to show dimension.

No, It's a good shot, but look at the flag pole and you will see what I mean, It can be corrected in lightroom and some later versions of ACR. It's not a big deal but sometimes it's the little things that get you hired

Flag pole looks fine to me :\ (assuming its supposed to be slightly wider at the base)

Downloading Nik Dfine and HDR now to see if I can mimic the clarity of the examples. If anyone thinks they can make it happen with my photo .. I would love to see it! So far the noise reduction i've used in photoshop reduces detail sharpness considerably.

Most reactions

Back