Deep Sea Fishing - Set 1 - C&C Welcome

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We went deep sea fishing yesterday. I'm not man enough to fish, but I'm man enough to bring tons of expensive photography gear on a boat!!! :lol:

Anyway, here is my first set from the more artistic group of pictures I took. More to come! Would be very happy to hear people's thoughts. Thanks!

==1==
Tranquil Harbor
Deep Sea Fishing Trip - Heading Out - 003.jpg

==2==
Sleeping In
Deep Sea Fishing Trip - Heading Out - 010.jpg

==3==
Waiting to Fly
Deep Sea Fishing Trip - Heading Out - 016.jpg

The colours in all three of these is simply WONDERFUL!
I like the last "Waiting to fly", since my immediate thought then was: But as yet they must not, their light's still red!" ;)

The reflection of the early morning light on the Ann II is also really nice.

Thanks LaFoto! I kept missing that red light actually. Took me like 4 tries. :lol:

yeah these are really beautiful. Your a lucky man to be able to catch the sky with those colors.

Very nice set! As mentioned, the light is superb in all three. Framable stuff.

EXIF Viewer says that you shot these using ISOs of 2000 and 2500, yet the noise is non-existent. Did you use any noise reduction software? Or the D300 is THAT awesome?

Finally, is this in Hyannis?

Thank you, everyone. I was actually considering adding one or two of these to my show... can't decide which I like best though. :(

I actually did use NeatImage on these. The D300 does really well with the high ISO noise reduction, but I generally shoot RAW so it doesn't do me a heck of a lot of good. I would have overexposed these if I had that option but overexposing blues is rarely a good plan, so I had to go with the high noise and deal with it in PP.

These were taken in Newburyport, MA. Very pretty area... need to get back there on my own some day to roam around and see what pictures I can get. :)

Thanks again for the nice comments!

Wow, awesome shots. I took my camera when I went deep sea fishing as well.

Thanks!

Well, put up some shots from your deep sea fishing trip and we can have a deep sea fishing picture EXTRAVAGANZA!!!! :lol:

The first two are really great. Like postcards. Awesome. The third one... I don't know. Feels slanted even tho I know it's not. Must be the clouds in the background.

Thanks! I think the buouy (sp) thing is actually slanted. Like, in the water, it's leaning.

Most reactions

Back