Deepwater Horizon

Storky1980

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't know if this is really the right section for this or not but i got these photos from a safety presentation on the rig that i am on just now. I know a lot of people are talking about the environmental impact it is having on the gulf of Mexico but as someone who works on rigs just like this i cant help think of the horror faced by people who were there, and from what i have been told, from first spark to being fully on fire (apparently there was barely a wall left standing in the accommodation block) was all of about 5 minutes.

My heart goes out to the families of the 11 people who were never recovered.

Horizon-15.jpg

Horizon-14.jpg

Horizon-13.jpg

Horizon-12.jpg

Horizon-8.jpg

Horizon-4.jpg

The last one shows how long it burned and you can actually see that it is both oil bursting into flames and gas explosions too

You can only imagine what people like myself think about this incident. I work on the identical sister-ship to this drilling rig. Actually, it's was just in the distance and we were able to see most of what was going on.

I usually post most of my posts while offshore. I do office work, so I'm able to spend alot of time on the internet vs. being at home where it's hard to get online.

Besides what all happened, which it deeply affects all of us working offshore, I wish I would have had my D90 w/ 200mm 2.8 lens and 2x coupler.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back