Deer Portrait At Different Focal Lengths

Flying Panda

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
jt-strachan.pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I got to fooling around earlier today with my Sigma 1.4x teleconverter attached to a Sigma 150-600mm Contemporary lens. The camera used was a Nikon D500. These series of images were taken at three different focal lengths. No cropping was performed although I did format the images size to a 9:16 ration. All three images were processed from a raw file using Lightroom v6.9 with the exact same settings. I did not run the images through any noise reduction software. Shutter speed was set the same for all three images and the ISO was set to Auto. C&C welcomed. Thanks for viewing!

#1 - 330 mm
330.jpg

#2 - 440 mm
440.jpg

#3 - 850 mm
850.jpg

JT

Derrel

Mr. Rain Cloud
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Photos OK to edit
I like the one made at 440mm the best, because it includes enough of the setting.

K9Kirk

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
First of all nice set and shooting and I like #2 best, also. I'm assuming those were taken hand held with VR.

OP
Flying Panda

Flying Panda

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
jt-strachan.pixels.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
I like the one made at 440mm the best, because it includes enough of the setting.

Lovely shooting........

First of all nice set and shooting and I like #2 best, also. I'm assuming those were taken hand held with VR.

Thanks guys for the feedback!

Yea - the images are not as sharp with the TC as they normally are. These images were taken with the VR on and the entire rig pressed firmly against a tree. I don't think mounting it on a tripod would have made any difference. When I reviewed the 1.4 & 2.0 TCs I read alot of information that mentioned the lost in 1 to 3 stops and the lack of sharpness. The reviews on the 2.0 TC were the worst. Having purchased mine brand new at fair market price from B&H, I would have to say that I would definitely NOT recommend the use of any TC for added focal length. But, of course, these images were taken on a DX sensor - I have not evaluated any images taken on my D850.

Most reactions

New Topics