Defend the AirField

Snyder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
070926-F-4127S-023.jpg

Hi-Res: http://www.balad.afnews.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/photos/070926-F-4127S-023.jpg

Defend the AirField
Ali Air Base, Iraq -- Airman 1st Class David Williams, 407th Expeditionary Security Forces Squadron, guards a C-130 Hercules on the ramp Sept. 26 at Ali Air Base, Iraq. The primary mission for Security Forces here is to defend the airfield and provide base level security in direct effort supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom. (U.S. Air Force Photo/Airman 1st Class Jonathan Snyder)

My main thoughts on this one is that it's much too dark. I would guess that at least another 2 stops would be needed to get the subject matter across clearly.

It's a great shot and I agree with Chris of Arabia, It's a little too dark.

But one thing I would also like to suggest is a more in-between resolution copy for the preview, The preview you have is too small to gather enough information and the full is too big to fit my screen I can only see parts at a time. Somewhere around 800 px wide should work nicely as a preview and the link to the full is fine.

As I have two Brothers in the military I do find shots of this nature interesting.

Just didnt want to sugar coat it, thats all.

Guess I could have said
I like the composition, the rule of 2/3rds seemed to have been applied here.
I like the stance and facial expression on the subject (though too dark to really see)

I would try and lighten the subject a bit to really bring out the intense look.

ehhhhh nahhhh
Too Dark.
I hate it.

Just didnt want to sugar coat it, thats all.

Guess I could have said

ehhhhh nahhhh
Too Dark.
I hate it.

Yes it may have turned out better if it was lighter but that was the result I wanted for the whole purpose of the photo was to show that they are out late into the dark night standing watch. If your trying to prove a point its not working.

I like the mood the photo convey, I mean, standing guard is suppose secretive and not well lighted if that make any sense.

Most reactions

Back