Dehaze magic

DaPOPO

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
goldshieldphotos.photoreflect.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Check out the before and after using Dehaze in Lightroom. I painted the sky and water separately using a little less on the water. The rest is a little exposure setting and sharpness to make it look as I wanted.

Straight out of the camera.

untitled-1351.jpg

Dehaze on the sky and water... I followed the outline of the ship and painted inside of the scaffolding near the top. I can only guess that the clouds were not as thick the higher it went and that's why the gray stays near the ship...
untitled-1351-Edit.jpg

Couple of suggestions.
  1. Do a global adjustment of the Dehaze slider first before you do selective adjustments.
  2. Rather then using a brush for Dehaze, try pulling a gradient filter down from the top as haze tends to be higher rather then lower. Then use the brush over the parts you don't want the Dehaze to apply
    123.JPG
    Holding down the Alt key will cycle the brush between Add and delete from the mask. Also set your range
    Capt12345.JPG
    mask to either color or luminosity. Some of the newer camera's also offer depth here. Now brush away the areas you don't want the Dehaze to affect.

Last edited:
I use my De haze in Photoshop Elements 18 a lot...........

DeHaze is a pretty impressive effect, it really is magical on a foggy scene.
The colors start to get weird with heavy use, though. I can always spot heavy DeHaze use when the skies turn green.

Most reactions

Back