Delectable Dancing

WNK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My niece's dance class had their recital last night. Not many of my pics turned out well; the lighting was awful (pitch-black audience, poorly-lit stage, dark shadows on all of the girls' faces... ugh!), and we weren't allowed to get out of our seats to take pictures, so I had to try to use my zoom lens w/o my tripod (blah!)... but, here were a few that I thought turned out alright.

IMG_00351-vi.jpg

IMG_00231-vi.jpg

IMG_0021-vi.jpg

Any suggestions for next time?

Well, the only viable suggestion I can think of is: get yourself special permission to take photos from the front, outside your row.
And I think you did well with what was given to you, I like the expression you captured in Photo 2, though that racoon shadow over her eyes is, of course, deplorable, but what could you do???

Maybe next time you may be around with the camera for the dress rehearsal and take all the photos from the angles that are best then, so you won't be "a nuisance to the audience" during the actual performance? Just another thought I am having here.

Thanks, Corinna... Yeah, I wasn't able to make it to the dress rehearsal, and I was really annoyed at the lighting -- just awful!

If you have the originals in RAW, here is where some white balance correction would come in handy in post processing. Also, a nice fast lens helps to stop the motion blur if you are not able to use a tripod. What was the ISO, aperture, and shutter set to for these shots?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back